The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Adding New Blog Sign In Problems (1 post)

1. xdreams
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am Site Admin for 3 WP MU sites, and I have just added a new blog with my Site Admin Id. For simplicity lets call the sites A, B, and C. SiteA has the master settings.

From the dashboard if i click on Site A or B the Dashboard will open. However if i click on site C it goes to the SiteC.com/wp-login.php page, and rejects my Site Admin login each time.

If I request the password to be reset, the email is send out and it clicks to reset the password for SiteA at the SiteA.com URL instead of SiteC.com. Even though my Admin details are the same across all 3 sites, it rejects my password every time.

The Steps I follow each time I add a blog are as follows:

>wpmu-blogs.php -Blogs
    > Add Blog address I type SiteC, so it becomes a subdomain of.SiteA.com
    > Blog Title- SiteC
    > Admin Email- same email as SiteA and SiteB admin

Than I go to >Toools> Domain Mapping > Add New Domain- SiteC

I than go to /wpmu-blogs.php?action=editblog&id=7 and deleted SiteA from the end of Blog info asking for Domain Name etc, so that it is changed from a subdomain SiteC.SiteA.com to SiteC.com

For whatever reason, though, after setting up this new blog, I cannot go and edit this Site and touch any of the pages without it asking me to login, and rejecting my login, and than re-setting the password for Site A when I request a new one.

Can anyone help me with where I am going wrong?

regards

Geoff

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by xdreams