The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

changing root email adress (12 posts)

1. peiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

hey
    how can i change email adress that i installed wpmu whit it? in Options>General>E-mail address:(This address is used only for admin purposes.)
    thanks for your helping.

2. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

Change it through the database.

3. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

Latest SVN build now lets you do this.

4. Raxy
    Posted 17 years ago #

Can somebody explain how to do this? and what is SVN?

5. peiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

can you check again?
    i cant fine it in my database users table

6. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

peiman,

Assuming you mean the e-mail of the admin then it is in wp_users table of the database with ID 1. If you mean root for the server then you'll need someone that knows about sendmail or postfix, whichever one your server is using, to tell you how to mask root's e-mail.

Raxy,

SVN is a subversion repository (it is a living record of the code base). The SVN repository for WPMU is at http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-mu/ and you might want an SVN client (do a google for svn clients) to be able to use a GUI to export the latest version. The repository also has all the old versions back to July 12 of 2005.

What I was saying is that the latest version of the code in SVN, version 569, had added the ability to change the e-mail of the admin account. There is now a version 570 in SVN which I haven't tried yet. If you export version 569 and install it on your server you should find that you can change the admin e-mail in the User pane just like for any other user.

7. Raxy
    Posted 17 years ago #

kahless,
    Thanks for prompt reply :) I changed the e-mail in the database, but I have no idea how to mask root's e-mail... I'll need somebody's help. Howevr, its petty, because many people already register their blogs on my site and they never receive activation code :(

8. spiff06
    Posted 17 years ago #

Raxy:

Search the forums:
    http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=1205&replies=6#post-6530

How hard is it to fix this AND commit the changes to the project, so that nightlies no longer have that issue?

9. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

spiffo6,

donncha fixed this a couple of revs ago, so it's a good idea to check the SVN before indicating something hasn't been fixed. I'm not sure how close SVN and nightlies are.

Actually, I think Raxy has a different issue. I think they don't want people to get e-mails from root@domain.com. I don't think that has anything to do with WPMU. I think that has to do with how your web server and e-mailer are configured. I may be wrong but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can chime in on this.

10. peiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

kahless,
    please see here in wp-mu admin
    Options>General>E-mail address:(This address is used only for admin purposes.)
    i have chenge this email address
    you know!
    thats email when a new user registerd wpmu sent thats info to thats email.

11. Raxy
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanx for the assistance!
    I think my problem is that I don't know how to configure the e-mail send outs... in order to deliver activation keys to my users.. I several people registering on my wordpress every day and they never get activation code that is pitty :( but that's totally my prolbem.. I simply don';t know how to configure send-activation key from my database.. I have all the info, mailserver name and everything, I installed it where I thought it should be, but it still doesn't deliver anything :(
    If somebody can help with this I can give the password of my database to configure it for me. I think it shouldn't be very time consuming job... If somebody is willing to help me with that, I promise to put his banner or a text link on my site for 1 month for free!

12. peiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

& there is any thing to me?

About this Topic