The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How to create a required login before the homepage (4 posts)

1. boviwan
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm creating a club MU site that I don't necessarily want wide open to the internet. I want the site to require a session to be established (via login) before it will show the club home page or any of the other content.

I'm a total novice in PHP and CSSs, so need some fairly detailed help on how I would set that up.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jeff

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Best bet would actually be to get with your host or the person who runs the server you're on. Chances are they can set up some method of locking down the site that your mu install sits in and require folks to log in before viewing the site.

While plugins exist that provide privacy for individual blogs within an install, they're not for the complete site and can even be modified to allow access.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Get this more privacy plugin and apply it to the main site blog.
    http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/More-Privacy-Options

problem solved.

If you plan on having other blogs on the system, you'll need to edit the plugin to have the option set by default to the one you want.

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

That's the one I was thinking of but you would have to make changes to it to not allow the individual blog admins to unproject their blogs.

About this Topic