The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

LDAP plugin doesn't work (10 posts)

1. fishfree
    Posted 14 years ago #

I downloaded the wpmu-ldap_2.7.1.zip from SF.net and extracted it into the directory \xampp\htdocs\wpmu\wp-content\mu-plugins. But I found nothing related to LDAP configuration in any admin pages! I think there should be something about enabling LDAP and configurating LDAP connections at least.

I had searched with google and found nothing helpful.

Thanks in advance!

2. fishfree
    Posted 14 years ago #

anyone help me?

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Did you read the plugin file?
    Did you ask at the site you downloaded it from?
    Did you READ the site you downloaded it from?

4. bgibson135
    Posted 14 years ago #

After I installed the LDAP plugin, there was an "LDAP Options" link under "Site Admin". This had a couple of tabs for entering LDAP connection and fields info.

I had to get one of our LDAP gurus to give me the correct "Search DN" and
    "Search User DN" info & password but the plugin seems to be working fine.

5. chris974
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have the same problem as 'fishfree'. I installed the plugin (a few times) as per the instructions in the documentation available on the web and included in one version of the plugin. It doesn't seem to have any effect, the ldap configuration options don't show up in the admin section. Has anyone else come across this problem trying to install wpmu-ldap or otherwise have some suggestions of what might be going wrong?

6. johnnytee
    Posted 14 years ago #

We are using here at the college of charleston, you have to know your ldap info for it to work. contact the person who knows about your ldap for the info. were are running mu 2.7.1

7. chris974
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi Johnny, thanks for the reply.

I know the ldap info. The problem I'm having is that the configuration screen to add the ldap info is not showing up - the plugin doesn't seem to install at all, when i follow the instructions.

Or - are you saying that i need to pre-configure the ldap info manually before the plugin will install?

Any help much appreciated.

8. axelseaa
    Posted 14 years ago #

Please refer to the instructions: http://wpmuldap.frozenpc.net/documentation

ldap_auth.php MUST be in the mu-plugins directory root. It sounds like you may have extracted the files into a new directory instead of into the root of mu-plugins.

9. chris974
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi Axelseaa, thanks for the reply.

As it turns out, I think I just needed to come back to it after a few days. I had stuffed up the extraction as it turns out, and had copied in the ldap folder but not the ldap_auth.php... which I'd overlooked amongst some other files where I extracted it.

The ldap options are showing up now, so now ready to configure it

10. berchman
    Posted 14 years ago #

I initially copied the entire wp-ldap folder into /mu-plugins/ and nothing worked.

Once I put everything at the root level, of /mu-plugins/ it worked like a charm.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by fishfree
  • Latest reply from berchman