The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Major problem, 1 blog no longer appearing on main page (3 posts)

1. bobthemonster
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am having problems with one of my WPMU installs...my main page grabs the most recent posts from all blogs on the site, and also on the main page is a plug in to display the most active blogs with a post count.

Today an author added a story and his post isn't showing up on the main page or in the most active blogs area on the main page. The individual blog is working fine when you navigate directly to it, but its just not being displayed on the main page anymore.

I didn't modify anything recently that would have effected the plug in (as it is hard coded to the author id's to display the stories). The only option changed with-in the time of this error was the main admin email address.

It's really odd, because everything has been working fine, then today after a post from the user his entries disappear from the main page.

The main page

The blog in question

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

In the source of the page:

"<meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' />"

This means he, or someone else, changed his privacy setting. Which means that not only does it block Google, but it is excluded from public listings aroudn the site.

Such as recent posts on the main page.

3. bobthemonster
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks Andrea! I don't know how that setting got modified, but that was the problem.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by bobthemonster
  • Latest reply from bobthemonster