The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

[closed] Higher membership on WPMU Dev Premium? (15 posts)

1. bloggus
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes of course! This is how they get you. First they get you addicted to use some of the Premium plugins, and when you then need it for every upgrade they raise the memebership fees, if you haven't paid continously since old members gets upgrade for the old price.

Monthly: $50 --> $79 (increase of 58%)
    Yearly: $250 --> $419 (increase of 68%)

The increase is really nice for a new template on their website. So what is next? When will the next price raise be? In a year ... let's say $650 for a year?

So higher member amount don't satisfies them? Probabaly not. Maybe now the membership should be bought in group .... :) I will probabaly pass ...

Ridiculous prices they are reaching I think. I have already seen warez plugins (but not used them), but I wonder if that will increase ... together will the price. Are the premium plugins also released as GPL license?

2. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

http://automattic.com/services/support-network/

That'll be a minimum of $2,500 please

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

The premium plugins are released under a GPL license.

4. bloggus
    Posted 14 years ago #

The premium plugins are released under a GPL license.

So all members could distribute, give out, the premium plugins after they get their hands on them?

5. bloggus
    Posted 14 years ago #

http://automattic.com/services/support-network/

That'll be a minimum of $2,500 please

And what do you want to say with this?

6. andrewbillits
    Posted 14 years ago #

So all members could distribute, give out, the premium plugins after they get their hands on them?

That's possible, yes. Although we ask users to not redistribute the plugins.

If everyone redistributed the plugins we would eventually be forced to shutdown the website and then no one would have access to them except Incsub clients.

And what do you want to say with this?

He's saying that there are other, more expensive services out there.

Look, we're not trying to get into an argument with you. No one is forcing you to signup.

What we're doing is no different from the premium theme sites like StudioPress:
    http://www.studiopress.com/themes/agent

Thanks,
    Andrew

7. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Also with the GPL licensing, you are able to use the products with your hosting or development clients if that's what you do. I know with a number of premium themes, you have to repay every time you develop something with them.

8. bloggus
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok, nice. So when new members pay $419 for access to plugins, other can distribute them freely everywhere. That's a great idea :)

9. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Of course folks are going to come to you looking for support if you release them.

edit: And to clarify, all you need to pay if for the single month. $79 in this case.

10. andrewbillits
    Posted 14 years ago #

Seriously, why are you dragging this on and on? There's no need for it. If you don't want to join, don't. However, there's no need to continue arguing about it.

I'm tossing a modlook on this thread as it's rather pointless.

Thanks,
    Andrew

11. bloggus
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well Andrew, please don't show your true colors here now. Yes I think this is rather greed that has been shown from the team of yours. As a old member, I really have no interest to sign up again, but why should this not be discussed? The pricing of everything can be discussed, but not your service? As far I'm concerned this is stil a WPMU forum and not IncSub forum, or?

The only members this will like the pricing is the old ones, but new ones will get the same stuff for higher price. Yes I think it is simple greed from the team. But hey ... life is not fair, why should pricing be equal for all members :)

12. andrewbillits
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hiya,

Everything is up for discussion but what you're doing is basically complaining about a service that you yourself just said you have no interest in signup up for. So there's really no point here.

Thanks,
    Andrew

13. bloggus
    Posted 14 years ago #

Not again no. But it is stil interesting for new members to know in the future the old and the new pricing and also the different pricing structure for different members.

If that is then bad to mention due to that it is your business, it is no reason to call for closing threads. But I guess it is most convenient to you.

14. andrewbillits
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hiya,

My reason for tossing the modlook on this thread is that it consists of nothing but you arguing about the recent changes. You have no interest in signup so why even argue about it? There's just no point.

Thanks,
    Andrew

15. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

Closing this thread. If you have a problem with incsub, please bring it to their attention on their forum. This is not the right place for it.

About this Topic