The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

MU and active directory (4 posts)

1. egiblock
    Posted 14 years ago #

i've been around this topic for about 2 weeks now, and can not get the active directory syncing up with wordpressMu for user creation / authentication.

i'm just trying to set up a base wordpressMu site with blogs below it for each department at work. that's all. i just can't seem to get the active directory plugin(s) to work at all..

any help ?

thx

2. axelseaa
    Posted 14 years ago #

Are you using the WPMU Ldap plugin (http://wpmuldap.frozenpc.net)? If so, are you seeing the configuration screens? The important thing to remember is that the full dn is needed for the configuration options. For example, if you have a group OU called users, you would need to enter ou=users,dc=example,dc=com (or whatever the hierarchy of your AD setup is)_

3. nbut
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm using the WPMU Ldap plugin from http://wpmuldap.frozenpc.net. I've gotten the plugin to work successfully. However, the problem that I have is that I can't get it to work for two different domains in the search DN.

For instance, in the search DN, I have:
    dc=SchoolLS,dc=School,dc=org

This works for users in that domain. Now, if I remove that in the search DN field and put:
    dc=SchoolMS,dc=School,dc=org

It works for users in that domain but not for users in the SchoolLS domain. Is there anyway I can get both to work? I've tried separating the two with semicolons, spaces, colons but it didn't work. For instance,

dc=SchoolLS,dc=School,dc=org;dc=SchoolMS,dc=School,dc=org
    dc=SchoolLS,dc=School,dc=org:dc=SchoolMS,dc=School,dc=org

Any help would be appreciated!

4. rkdownes
    Posted 14 years ago #

We have a similar "multi" issue like nbut asked about, but in our case with OUs. I'd like to either specify multiple OUs OR be able to specify a filter like "(!cn=students)".

I might have to fall back to using the WPSI "Active Directory Authentication" site-wide and configuring it a bunch of times. This would probably work where I need a pre-defined list of blogs, but not in a auto-blog creation configuration.

Better ideas or suggestions welcome.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by egiblock
  • Latest reply from rkdownes