The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Install instructions lead me nowhere - no login file created (6 posts)

1. djsteve
    Posted 17 years ago #

This is my second attempt at following the directions.
    I unzipped, renamed, chmodded, and went to http://www.adultwordpess.com/wpmu/

This brought the screen asking for info that I typed in, this seemed fine, next page, more info added, it then says congratulations email sent.

I got the email, but there is no http://www.adultwordpress.com/wp-login.php

In fact, there are no files in the adultwordpress.com folder except the "wpmu" that was unzipped there.

What am I missing?

Steve

2. magla
    Posted 17 years ago #

well, same problem here...
    help most appreciated

thnx

Andrej

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Install it in the root folder (ie; the default folder) and not the WPMU folder.

4. djsteve
    Posted 17 years ago #

What do you mean "install it in the root folder"?

I know this sounds stupid, but really...

Unzip it there?
    Copy the files from a particular folder to the root folder?

When I ran through the pages at mydomain.com/wpmu there were no options to select where it gets installed to. It just asked for a few bits of info, nothing about directories or anything...

5. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

You may have to copy what you unzip over to the root. It auto-installs wherever it is.

6. atomicmedia
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi All,

I had the same issue, I found that if you extract the files from the nightly build into a directory, you then access the index.php file to setup your instance of MU WP.

I then noticed that the redirect to the landing page went to 'wp-login.php', which of course did not exist there, but in a folder above.

So now everytime I setup a new instance, I set the home directory (IIS Speak) or root directory (Apache Speak) to the root, then once I have run the setup index.php, change the home\root of the web site to wp-inst :)

Works like a charm for me... now I have another issue... But that's for another topic ;)

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by djsteve
  • Latest reply from atomicmedia