The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Plugin Settings (9 posts)

1. herve76
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello guys,

I am trying to understand something. After installing WPMU 2.7.1, I installed some plugins that I activated "Site Widely". Next I created an user and a new blog, when I logged to the admin, I am not able to see the Settings of the activated plugins (ex: Sociable, PageNav, All In One SEO, etc...) Is it normal ? How can access to those Plugin Settings ?

Cordially,

Hervé

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Go to the plugins page for those blogs and double-check to make sure the plugins are activated.

the sitewide activation has been buggy.

3. herve76
    Posted 14 years ago #

The plugin pages for those blogs are empty. No "sitewide" plugins are listed. How can I fix this bug ? In order to see those plugins within those blogs, I have to log to each one as the super admin, and the plugin settings will show up. But I don't think this is normal.

What do you think ? Is it working on your side ?

4. herve76
    Posted 14 years ago #

The Sitewide feature does not work on 2.7.1. I installed the Plugin Commander and now I am able to manage the plugins widely.

5. herve76
    Posted 14 years ago #

But I am still interested in knowing how to fix the Sitewide bug. If anyone knows about it ?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Do you have the Plugins menu turned off for users? It's under Site Admin -> Options. there's a check box.

The sitewide activation feature isn't really fixed as it's a sporadic error. It works for Buddypress.

plugin Commander works a lot better if you want fine-grained control.

7. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

there is a newer plugin, adding some more functionality to plugin commander, find it here: http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/wpmu-plugin-manager

to be honest, I also had problems with the sitewide activation, but I persisted, just activated a plugin sitewide, reloaded the plugins page, if it wasn't on, did it again and again, usually after 3-4 tries, and refreshes in-between it works :-)

8. herve76
    Posted 14 years ago #

The Plugins menu is turned on for the users but when I use the sitewide activation, I do not see the plugins when I am logged with the users.

9. herve76
    Posted 14 years ago #

I cannot make this sitewide activation to work. Everythime I sitewide activate a plugin, I don't see it in the plugin list of the other blogs and I don't see their setting pages within those blogs too.

Who is able to make it work ?

About this Topic