The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New User/Blog Permissions (5 posts)

1. mgmind
    Posted 14 years ago #

ok so anyone can goto my website and register a username and create there own blog. Basically i want to set some permissions so that they cant change the theme or add plugins.

how could i do something like this?

2. mgmind
    Posted 14 years ago #

Basically i dont want them to do anything besides be able to post up on their own blog for now.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well they can't add plugins.

For themes, just don't enable the themes sitewide. (see Site Admin -> themes)

4. mgmind
    Posted 14 years ago #

ok one more quick question, i have a custom plugin that came with my theme, limit-post.php. this plugin needs to be active in order for my layout to look right. when a new users registers a blog, they must goto plugins and activate it in order to make they're page look like the rest of my site.

is theyr a way to make this plugin always active so that new users dont have to activate it to make theyr blog look good?

i guess i just want what ever plugins are active on my main blog to be active on all blogs with out giving users the ability to change or modify it.

thanks again andrea_r you've been a great help

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

- try dumping it in mu-plugins

If that doesn't work, the much safer plugin commander will let you have it auto-activate on each blog. It hides the plugin menu on users too.

About this Topic