The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Nextgen Gallery (8 posts)

1. littlecuriosity
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi I'm using Nextgen gallery, everything seems to work, but when I try to upload picture I get this message. My write permissions are 777 or 755 am I using the wrong write permission?

Directory /home/sites/littlecuriosityshop.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/gallery contains no pictures

Thanks Judi

2. jimgroom
    Posted 14 years ago #

littlecuriosity,

Having the same issue, searching for a fix as well. Hopefull will make headway soon.

3. jimgroom
    Posted 14 years ago #

littlecuriosity,

Figured it out, you need to disable the flash based upload in the image upload page. The button is right next to upload. Gie that a shot.

4. littlecuriosity
    Posted 14 years ago #

wow so simple :) thanks
    I'm having another problem now. I'm trying to integrate jw player, but it can't seem to find my jw install?

http://littlecuriosityshop.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/imagerotator/imagerotator.swf

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Judi

5. littlecuriosity
    Posted 14 years ago #

It has this weird message in the gen admin under slideshow

The path to imagerotator.swf is not defined, the slideshow will not work.
    If you would like to use the JW Image Rotatator, please download the player here and upload it to your Upload folder (Default is wp-content/uploads).

6. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

That's an easy fix for the "JW Image Rotatator". All you need to do is add the imagerotator.swf to the wp-content/blogs.dir/blog-in-question/files/
    So the file address should look something like this:
    wp-content/blogs.dir/blog-in-question/files/imagerotator.swf

Once you've done that, go back to the NextGen Gallery Options/Slideshow and click on the "Search Now" button. Make sure you are in the backend of the particular blog too! ;)

There is a way to have it automatically created for each blog....I can't remember what it is right now but when I find out I will post the solution.

Hope this helps!

Courtney Bostdorff

7. paulaeisenberg
    Posted 14 years ago #

Any clues as to how to enable the image rotator on all blogs? I've got Next Gen Gallery plugin available to all, but do I have to upload the image rotator file to each?

8. paulaeisenberg
    Posted 14 years ago #

Courtney, did you ever find out how to enable JW Image Rotator across all blogs at once?

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by littlecuriosity
  • Latest reply from paulaeisenberg