The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Login Integration WPMU and BP (2 posts)

1. omgitsrfb
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have posted this over on the BuddyPress forums but haven't gotten a response (not complaining) so I thought I would check over here as well.

After successfully logging into BP if I try to access WPMU Dashboard, I get redirected to http://user.sitename.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fuser.sitename.com%2Fwp-admin%2F and I have to login again. So the original login to BP isn't transferring to WPMU. I have to logout of BP and WPMU separately as well. If I log into WP first then I have to login again for BP.

And, another strange twist, I can be logged into BP under one username and logged into a WPMU dashboard under another username at the same time. When this happens I get the link '<-- visit site' link at the upper left with the BP name and the "Howdy," on the upper right side with the WP display name publicly showing. Strange huh?

Just upgraded to BP 1.0.2 from 1.0 and was thinking it might resolve my issue but no luck. Running 2.7.1 and have already deactivated and removed all plugins, except BP, and the same issue occurs with no plugins.

Shared server plan using subdomains. Root install, using std BP themes. There is Burdasits' custom redirect plugin located in bp-custom.php which i found in this thread.
    Error logs are clean.

Messed around with the cookies today after reading various forum threads regarding a similar issue between BP and bbPress but to no avail. I'm pretty sure it's a cookie issue but I'm not really smart about them there cookies. I saw another login integration topic on here but it was from years ago and didn't give me enough detail.

Can you guys help walk me through this issue?

Thanks for your suggestions and/or help.

2. omgitsrfb
    Posted 14 years ago #

For some reason my cookie domain in wp-config.php was blank. So it was creating two cookies when i logged in.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by omgitsrfb
  • Latest reply from omgitsrfb