The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wp_get_current_user() in wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 920 (6 posts)

1. rustyg
    Posted 14 years ago #

i honestly don't remember the plugin that I was updating, but now I get this error and cannot access my site or the admin area! Please help!

Fatal error: Unknown function: wp_get_current_user() in /home/rusty/public_html/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 920

some of you keep saying disable the plugin and reinstall, but if I don't have access to the admin site, how do I do that. I can FTP in, and get what I need, but i don't know what to do from there. Please Help!!!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

If you can ftp in, just rename the plugin folder. it will turn all of them off.

Then, make a new plugin folder and put them back one by one, testing as you go.

3. rustyg
    Posted 14 years ago #

how do I do that, b/c my folders consist of wp-admin, wp-content, wp-includes, I don't have a separate folder for plugins

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Look under wp-content. That's where the plugins folder is.

5. jamescollins
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've seen that error message a while ago too.

Can you please let us know what plugin is causing the problem (once you work it out)?

Thanks

6. rustyg
    Posted 14 years ago #

it is under the wp-content folder, then under the plugins folder. I just created a new folder called "2plugins", then moved all of the folders (minus the index.php) under this new folder, then moved them back to the original plugins folder one by one. I finally figured out that it was the captcha update that screwed me up. So I guess I will wait on the captcha!

thanks for your help andrea_r!

About this Topic