The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

i don't have the "site admin" tag in the CP (11 posts)

1. ted890
    Posted 14 years ago #

HI,

The title says it all, i have a wordbuddy and when i go in the wordpress MU to administrate, i don't have the site admin tag on the left or anywhere.
    The problem is that the registration is disable and i can't enable it. A pic:

[url=http://mabul.org/][img]http://moe.mabul.org/up/moe/2009/07/06/img-0434085565o.jpg[/img][/url]

Thanks for your help.

2. ted890
    Posted 14 years ago #

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

well, are you sure you are logged in as the site-admin?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

And did you make any changes to the admin user?

5. ted890
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am logged in as admin no doubt, i have (admin) beside my name, about no changes to admin user no, at least i don't think so. I am the only registered and the only admin. I just can't see the "site admin" tab..... Annoying it is...
    I made a few changes in the CSS files but only for the BP, and it was only the colors and the space as i changed the BP logo by a pic.
    I'm working hard on that but just can't figure out where the problem is, i've been looking everywhere in the CP.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"i have (admin) beside my name"

In the upper right corner of the backend, it should say "Howdy admin".

So. Who installed WPMU for you?

7. ted890
    Posted 14 years ago #

I did installed from my hosting. You just click the icon then it install by itself. So i guess you spot it. On mine it is "howdy Sharon" as it's for my girlfriend. But i don't understand, as no one can register and being the only registered, then i should be the admin, no?
    I just read the mail sent by the server after install completed and all i can say is that i must have changed the name admin by Sharon but i think i remember that it was a box to fill....

8. ted890
    Posted 14 years ago #

9. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

You're not using wordpress MU, you're using the single-user version of WordPress.

Which does not have a site admin menu.

(yet)

10. ted890
    Posted 14 years ago #

Oooopppssss... sorry about that. Big mistake from me. So i guess that fixes the problem.
    Sorry to make you waste your time.
    Anyway thanks a lot for your help. :-)

11. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

and here I was wondering which host offers a one-click-wpmu-installation?

About this Topic