The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WordPress MU 2.8.1 (24 posts)

1. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've just announced WordPress MU 2.8.1. It's a security update but also brings with it lots of bug fixes and even a couple of new features.

I would have written more in the post itself but it's late here and my eyes are closing. zzzzz

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Then get to bed!!!

I'm about to head there myself but I'll drop 2.8.1 in tomorrow morning before I head off to a beer festival ;-)

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

you sleep, I'll write up the new features. :)

4. rcmishra
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello I just upgraded the site to 2.8.1 from 2.7 After the upgrade through dashboard it showed upgrade successful and prompted to login again. I did and then came the nag The Upgrade to 2.8.1, that I had just upgraded to. I looked at the bottom and on left I found 'thanks for creating with 2.8.1' while on right bottom its showing 'get 2.8.1'
    using the link at the top I clicked to upgrade and it said Upgrade failed :(

What is this?

I got the same results on two of my Wordress MU installations both were at 2.7.1 before this upgrade.

5. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

That didn't happen in with the Beta, so it seems odd its happening now.

6. Sushubh
    Posted 14 years ago #

same problem on my installation.

7. arturo84
    Posted 14 years ago #

i've the same problem upgrade from 2.7.1 to 2.8.1

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Please keep new issues to new threads, and go file a trac ticket if there isn't one already.

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org

9. Farms
    Posted 14 years ago #

Nice work D - thanks for pulling the late one... it's made my Monday Morning upgradetastic :)

10. hashimi3
    Posted 14 years ago #

dear donncha

i have upgradet to mu 2.8.1
    but there is problem that after the upgrade it still give a notice to ugrage to 2.8.1 wicch seems quite interesting.
    i am still working on it and let you know if i found somthing else
    tnx for the new version i't much better that the 2.7.1

11. michelem
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have same problems, just upgraded from 2.8.0 to 2.8.1 and it still says me "WordPress MU 2.8.1 is available! Please update."

12. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ticket for the "upgrade notice" issue is 1037. I've just checked in code to fix this. Please see the ticket for further info.

13. Psychictoad
    Posted 14 years ago #

@donncha Just fyi, I replaced the wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php file with the updated version (http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/changeset/1867) but am still getting the "You are using WordPress MU 2.8.1 ... Update to 2.8.1" problem.

Let me know if you need additional information from my set-up to track down the problem.

Thanks for the help.

14. Psychictoad
    Posted 14 years ago #

I also should add that the WP plugins are doing the same thing. e.g. Akismet says I'm running 2.2.5 but right below says a new version is available and a link to "View version 2.2.5 Details"

(All of my plugins are deactivated though while I worked on the WPMU 2.8.1 upgrade)

15. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

Psychictoad - you need wp-includes/functions.php too. Does that help?

16. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sorry to say that it doesn't Donncha, but oddly enough when I replaced that and went to the plugins panel it told me that it wasn't visible to normal users unless I activated it??

So I activated it but nothing I do seems to want to get it to recognise the upgraded plugins.

17. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sergei pointed out that the 2.8 branch didn't have the bugfix. I've just synced it and trunk so try again. It will work!

18. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Doesn't seem to want to clear the plugin problem though.

That was the two files from changeset r1868

19. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

20. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Doesn't seem to have done, and I've checked the the two files have the changes in.

21. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

Steve - ok, well can you debug it then?

Look for the string "update_plugins" in your source code, look in wp_sitemeta for the update_plugins record. Log when update_plugins is updated (set_transient() is the command).

22. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm looking into it, is there any significance that the last_checked field seems to contain an old date?

Actually its even odder than I originally thought.

I have Scissors 1.2 installed and WPMU is telling me that a new version 1.1.9 is available

23. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

For some reason the wrong update_plugins is being read then. Check your blog's options table. Might be there?

24. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

no update_plugins in the options table for that blog, there is a _transient_update_plugins which contains the same incorrect information.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by donncha
  • Latest reply from SteveAtty