The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Userthemes not working in 2.8.1 (12 posts)

1. jimgroom
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm a diehard user of Dsader's plugin userthemes, and it doesn;t seem to work in WPMu 2.8.1. Anyone else have a similar issue or find a workaround?

2. dsader
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'll have a look.

3. dsader
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hmm, many errors on WPMU2.7.1. I haven't looked at this in a while. I don't know the last time everything in it worked. I'll make a 2.8.1 version and get it up ASAP.

Fixes needed:

• Theme previews
    • Edit Theme, Edit Usertheme Submenu duplication
    • New directions to secure, somewhat, theme-editor.php
    • "Headers Already Sent" errors
    • remove the silly warnings/panic button

Enabling theme-editor.php for site admin: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/13318?replies=6

DIY in the meantime:
    "Header already sent" fix:

// wp_redirect("theme-editor.php?theme={$_GET['theme']}");
                   $location = "theme-editor.php?theme={$_GET['theme']}";
                   echo "<meta http-equiv='refresh' content='0;url=$location' />";

Extra Submenu when SiteAdmin fix:

if (is_site_admin()) {
     //     	add_theme_page('Editor', 'Edit Themes', 10,'theme-editor.php', 'edit_themes');
  4. jimgroom
    Posted 14 years ago #

Dsader,

You rule, thanks a million for this!

Jim

5. parkstreet
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just so that you have a point of reference, this plugin worked for WPMU 2.7. From what I remembered, there weren't any errors.

6. dsader
    Posted 14 years ago #

Many updates to WPMU 2.8.1 trunk, I'll try a test against the latest trunk to see what I get and I'm done.

7. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

wow. I loved that plugin, but it had not seen many updates. can't wait to get a 2.8 compat. version :-)

8. parkstreet
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ditto!

9. dsader
    Posted 14 years ago #

Test Userthemes Revisted for WPMU2.8.1: http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/Userthemes-Revisited/

10. jimgroom
    Posted 14 years ago #

Works like a charm, dsader, tested with WPMu 2.8.3. Thank you kindly!

11. vipula
    Posted 14 years ago #

dsader - am using wpmu 2.8.4 and am having some trouble with userthemes revisited.

when I try to copy a theme to system themes, it does not copy.

any help would be appreciated...thanks!

12. masonjames
    Posted 14 years ago #

dsader. I'm noticing an issue with this plugin after upgrading to 2.8.5.2

If I go to the "Usertheme Management" page and enable Userthemes and Theme Editor for various blogs, and then as super admin copy the desired themes through each individual backend, when I return to the "Usertheme Management" page the blogs that I have changed are all highlighted in dark red and it shows them as all pulling their theme from the most recently changed blog ID. Everything functions correctly (as far as I can tell thus far) but it's not displaying the correct information for each blog on this page.

Going to the "userthemes" page in the backend of the individual blogs shows the correct theme location and correct blog ID. Any thoughts?

Gotta give you props, this plugin is beautiful. I'd love to see it incorporated with the Supporter plugin the premium devs put out. Just a thought.

-james

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by jimgroom
  • Latest reply from masonjames