The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Upgrade to 2.8.1 Dashboard/Edit Pages/Posts bug (6 posts)

1. dgalfano
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have 2 MU sites. One I tried to update automatically, which failed at first, but then succeeded the second time. The 2nd site, I upgraded manually.

Both sites had the same issue everyone else has mentioned about the notice to upgrade WPMU & Plugins. I overwrote the two function files in wp-includes and that has fixed that issue.

The other 2 issues I am having are:

1) On the dashboard, I can't edit what's on the dash, under screen options. Whatever I had on the Dash when I upgraded seems stuck. Has anyone else experienced this and/or is there a fix?

2) On the pages or posts index, If I click on "Quick Edit", it just reloads the page (adds a # at the end of the URL). This was working prior to the upgrade. I can't edit in the actual page/post as well. I tried searching for this issue, but haven't run across it anywhere...

Thanks for any help!

Dan

2. dgalfano
    Posted 14 years ago #

Can anyone even see this? Why is it that I can never get a response to any of my questions....

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

oops

4. dgalfano
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yep. That's what I expected out of you.

5. ithyn
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm not having the same issues you are, dgalfano.

Have you tried deactivating all of your plugins? Clearing your browser cache?

6. dgalfano
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ah ha! It was a particular plugin that seems to be causing this mess (in addition to the screen options / Quick edit, I couldn't drag-n-drop widgets).

Hmm. Well, as soon as I disabled this plugin (Position Yourself), then everything worked: Screen Options, Quick Edit, Drag-n-drop. Of course, when I enabled my WP Shopping Cart, I lost my drag-n-drop again.

At least I know it's plugin related now...Thanks for your helpful suggestion, unlike Ovidoo

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by dgalfano
  • Latest reply from dgalfano