The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Looking for a Hosted Video Player for my MU site (8 posts)

1. MrMarco
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've tried VVQ, Anarchy and they don't seem to be the right fit. For this project I'll only need to play videos I host on my server and not from Youtube or any place else.

My head is spinning... lol

any ideas?

2. parkstreet
    Posted 14 years ago #

Maybe the Stream Video Player plugin would be ideal for what you are looking for.

3. MrMarco
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks, I've uploaded it and can't figure out how to get it to work. I have WMV files. I'm thinking it doesn't work with those files.

I keep getting an 'upload error' when I check the post.

4. parkstreet
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes, it does not work with .wmv files. You can check out the WP Silverlight Media Player plugin or the Wordpress Video Solution Framework which lets you upload .wmv files as well.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Or Wordtube, I think they allow wmv files.

6. MrMarco
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just an update here. I've downloaded VideoVangelist to convert all vid files. So now I have the WMV converted to FLV. Easy enough. Uploaded the new file and inserted it with Stream Video Player. But it doesn't play through completely with any setting. :(

Seems like a setting I'm missing here.

I tried the Silverlight Media player and it seems to require the surfer to install the player on their computer, which isn't optimal. I don't want to have them go through an extra step just to see my vids.

Video Solution Framework sounds awesome but way to involved for me to wrap my head around just yet.

So I'm going to try and figure out why the Stream Video Player won't work correctly. If you have a thought about it I'm all ears... lol

Thanks again for the suggestions.

7. MrMarco
    Posted 14 years ago #

Andrea - Thank you, yes wordtube does allow WMV. I've got that loaded up as well, giving it a go. Looks good so far.

8. MrMarco
    Posted 14 years ago #

Andrea - I think I was mistaken. I don't see Wordtube able to run WMV files. I did however find a decent converter so I can now use FLV with it.

I am using wordtube for my player. Getting used to it.

Thanks again everyone.

About this Topic