The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Yet more on WSOD (4 posts)

1. lmneditor
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sorry to be posting this again but nothing found on the forum thus far has been of any help.

Trying to upgrade from 1.11.
    a.)Cleared newline characters from config.php, used samples, tweaked per version.
    b.)Repaired DBs. (Also, ran Auto Upgrade on DBs)
    c.)No plugins are installed at all.
    d.)Theme is default, sitewide.
    e.)Can't change php.ini on host, however.
    f.)Can't access Apache error logs on host either.

Initially, upgrades were successful ->1.25a -> 1.33, then failed at backup 1.51, failed at backup 1.33 and backup 1.25a thereafter. Only 1.11 is running now on backup db.

I find no other suggestions; any more to offer?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"1.33, then failed at backup 1.51"

There were some files in the mu-plugins folder around 1.3, that got moved in 1.5 (if I remember right). make sure when you go between those versions, the original files that were there get removed.

Otherwise, without some sort of error log message, it's almost impossible to tell. We'd all be guessing.

3. lmneditor
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yeah, I know the error log is most important. I have a ticket into the hosting service but I don't expect much.

Is it possible to just do a work-around - install a fresh copy of the latest MU and load in posts and such via PHPMyAdmin or are the tables all changed?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Between the version you have and the latest, the tables have changed significantly.

If you can do a local install on your computer, get the old site up and running locally, upgrade that in steps. Then replace the live site with the new one you just made offline.

well, there's more steps than that, but you get the idea. :D

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by lmneditor
  • Latest reply from andrea_r