The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

video framework... flash streaming server ready? (1 post)

1. anointed
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have read some information about the video framework plugin setup for wordpress and it seems interesting.

One question I have not found the answer to is:
    Does the framework allow me to use my flash communication servers to store and stream the videos?

Meaning, instead of using the standard blog upload directory, I would want the video's to be uploaded to my flash comm cluster, and then have the video's streamed from there instead of standard streaming...

Here is the process that I am looking for:
    Scenario 1:
    User uploads flv or h264 video to their blog. As no transcoding would be necessary, the only thing that would need to be done is to 'activate' flvtools2 in order to create a video thumbnail, and then the video would be 'moved' to the flash comm cluster for streaming.

Scenario 2:
    User uploads a video in format other than flv or h264 to their blog.

The video would need to go to the transcoding server to convert it to flv or h264, and then run flvtools2 to create the video thumbnail.

The video would then be transfered over to the flash comm server for straming.

In my 'perfect' scenario, the video would never have to physically moved to the flash comm server as it takes more bandwidth, even though the clusters are networked together. The only reason I mention moving the video's is because I do not run transcoding software on the flash comm cluster as I want to keep that server cluster as optimized as possible. It's sole purpose is to stream live or pre-recorded videos. This means I do not have flvtools2 installed on the cluster either, it's only installed on the 'blog' server cluster.

Also:

does the video framework package have the capability built in for 'live' streaming via webcam etc? (any hooks to flash comm server processes)

thanks for any info provided...

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by anointed