The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

looking for CSS Editor for wpmu 2.8.x? (10 posts)

1. hashimi3
    Posted 14 years ago #

dear guys,

i am looking for a CSS Editor for wordpress multi user. there are some ways to activate the css editor for the blog user's, I know but in that case if a user changes one theme i will be changed for all blogs with that theme.

i am looking for a way that each blog user can have his own css file for the theme. is it even possible in wpmu???

please help me with this! all my blog users want to have their own theme not the common old default themes at my blogger site.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

3. hashimi3
    Posted 14 years ago #

thanks for the plugins you have inroduced, but they did not work for the wpmu 2.8.x mostly. second of all even when some of them worked for the 2.7 they are not complete.

for example half of them brings you a blank page and expects you to write your css codes in it which would be a hard task for the intermediate css users what if the user is not proffessional in css.
    you know all the themes do not have common id and classes and of course even if they have who can write all of it.

let me explain it more clearly i want a plugin that can fetch the real CSS from the theme and you can change inside it, just like the theme editor of the wp its self but except it can be saved seperatly for each blog. so that with a user change a theme css for himself it would not change for all users.

i wish some one undrestood me and find me a way!

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

There are some up above that do just that. If a user expects to be able to edit or change or add soem css, then there is a reasonable asumption that they are somewhat proficient in it.

I have used a couple of the above plugins, on sites to do just that. For instance, one of them that gives this "blank" window, shows you a link to the original stylesheet, and the new css you add is in addition to the theme's original css. It just gets run later, so you can override the original ones.

"but they did not work for the wpmu 2.8.x mostly."

Have you tried them all? Sure, some of them may say up to a certain version, it just means they haven't been tested with the recent release.

5. hashimi3
    Posted 14 years ago #

you know some were not for the wpmu, except them i installed the others in wpmu and i enabled the plugin SITEWIDE but i could not see them in a blog user dashboard. doesn't it mean that they do not work with wpmu 2.8.x?

so as you mentioned there is not a css editor in wpmu that fetches the real css of the theme and you could edit it and just save it as easily as possible?

6. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

Even the wordpress.com approach to letting users edit CSS is basically a blank editor. And it even says "This is recommended mostly for advanced users who understand CSS."

7. mercime
    Posted 14 years ago #

edited - Userthemes Revisited enables blog admin to edit not only CSS but also theme files which is risky

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yep, it does - but each user gets a separate copy of the theme. okay in some circumstances.

9. hashimi3
    Posted 14 years ago #

hey guy's thanks for each peace of advice!

i undrestood that what i wanted was not fullt appliable in wpmu.
    but there is anoter ability in wpmu even in wordpress.com that user's can change the image of the theme banner. would you please help me find the way to do at least that at my blogger. so that each user can at least change teh header image of the theme.

thanks again and again

10. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

http://wpmututorials.com/how-to/giving-your-users-changeable-custom-headers/

Short version: the custom header function is built in. you have to add some code to each theme you want to apply it to.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by hashimi3
  • Latest reply from andrea_r