The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU install suddenly yields only blank pages (7 posts)

1. MAVIC
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've been running WPMU for 3+ mo and haven't made any changes to it. I've updated a couple themes recently, but that's it. Now all of my wpmu site and main site are displaying nothing but a blank page. No source, nothing at all.

Any idea why this is happening and how to troubleshoot it? I removed all of the plugins and it still does it.

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Look in your error logs and tell us what you see

3. MAVIC
    Posted 14 years ago #

It's not throwing any errors. I entered a sub domain that didn't exist to see if that did anything, and it did add a couple lines to the error log. So I know logging is working (at least some.)

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"I've updated a couple themes recently, but that's it."

Did you do anything like, change theme folder names?

White screen = error. Reading error logs tells us what it is.

5. MAVIC
    Posted 14 years ago #

Blah, sorry for wasting your time. I totally spaced that over the weekend I was going to update a bunch of themes that I have new versions of. So I removed the old ones but got sidetracked and didn't upload the new ones.

Total basic mistake. I had other stuff come up I had to deal with and totally forgot I was working on it.

On a side note, should such an issue be resulting in an error in the log?

Thanks

6. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

It does seem a bit drastic that a missing theme can do something so terminal.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

If the missing themes was set as the active theme, then yes. It terminates itself. :)

About this Topic