The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Coding WPMU (7 posts)

1. Nekusagi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Donncha, can we help? Where's the code repository? Or should be done as 'widget'?

There are some features that I would like to add:
    1) Basic Customizing: A space where each blog will be able to upload stuff like emoticons and logos.
    2) Blog Cathegories: Add in the admin panel an option to define a cathegory to your blog. The Main Admin will define the cathegories
    3) Statistics Bar: A bar that only the main blog can load up, it will have all that statistic stuff both to the clients as to the main admin.

Also, I want to know if WP widgets work in WPMU like the following:
    1) Post Level (require some level from the user in the blog to be able to read/comment)
    2) User Avatar (if it don't exist, it is a great idea IMHO)

Well, I think that's it.

Im waiting for reply.

2. Nekusagi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just now I got an idea... sounds a bit weird, but, I was thinking about a second sidebar, to Main Admins mainly, to list the statistics.
    Statistics that I have in mind:
    > Today's Visits, Yesterday Visits, Orverall Visits (both to MainADmin and to the blogs. To the main admin would count ALL blogs)
    > Blog Cathegories (Like the Post Cathegories, it would list the count of blogs in that cathegory)
    > TopX (you specify the ammount)
    > Cathegory Rank
    > TopX each Cathegory

Things like that.

3. PleaseHelp
    Posted 17 years ago #

[OT]
    I want to thank all developers that are working on Wordpress MU. Keep up the good work guys!
    [OT]

4. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 17 years ago #

The repository is at http://svns.automattic.com/wordpress-mu/trunk/ but if you want to submit new code you should do it through a ticket on Trac at http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/

The functionality you talk about is probably best done in a plugin. There are WordPress plugins that do all or most of what you want so use Google and you'll find them. It shouldn't be too hard to get them to do what you want!

5. Nekusagi
    Posted 17 years ago #

But, do WPMU plugins and WP plugins work together? I mean, can I get the WP plugins and add them in the WPMU?

6. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes of course. Just drop them in wp-content/plugins/, activate the plugins page from "Site Admin" and all your users can activate or not the plugins.
    They also work if you put them in mu-plugins.

Some plugins don't work, but should be fixable with a little effort.

7. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nekusagi, someone a while ago had coded a plugin for the MU avatars but since that time the plugin can no longer be found.

I don't know if you're still interested in this, but would it be difficult to code a plugin that allowed uploading of Avatars which displayed on every site?

Seems to me this would require borrowing code from the Comvatars plugin.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by Nekusagi
  • Latest reply from suleiman