The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Default "Add Video" button (8 posts)

1. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

I may have missed something so sorry if I'm repeating, but I have scoured the net the best I can and for the life of me I cannot come up with an answer.

What I am thinking is this.....WPMU let's you "Add Video" through the default "Add Video" button....however the default doesn't have an "Embed Video" function which means that I need a 3rd party plugin to embed the already uploaded video?

I just recently saw a screenshot of the same window (can't remember where I saw it) that once you upload the file it gives you a few extra options such as video size, player type, etc....it was the same window because it still had the "From Computer", "From URL", "Gallery", "Media Library" tabs at the top.

I'm probably missing something, but does anyone know of a way to embed the video that integrates with the default "Add Video" function (so upload the video first...not a short code). I've got the pb embed flash, the Kaltura, the viper, the wordpresscom-video-server, wordtube. Most of them are either too hard to configure or they just don't work with WPMU 2.8.2. The viper one works fine but there is no way to define a Preview Image.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Courtney Bostdorff

2. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

bump ;)

3. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

a bump? why suuuuure..... I'd love a bump!

4. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

just seeing if anyone is paying attention :)

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

The only thing I have ever seen define a preview/thumbnail for an embedded video, was the Custom Field area as part of the theme that was being used.

"I just recently saw a screenshot of the same window (can't remember where I saw it) that once you upload the file it gives you a few extra options such as video size, player type, etc....it was the same window because it still had the "From Computer", "From URL", "Gallery", "Media Library" tabs at the top."

It could have been a screen from wp.com's paid video hosting service, maybe?

6. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

I don't have an answer for you off hand, but as part of the recent vote on 2.9 features one is easier embeds. Additionally, Viper is taking on the challenge of "working on a way to improve the embed experience in core".

However, "easier" does not always mean "full featured" and your asking about setting previews sounds like something that probably is beyond the basics.

7. frewin
    Posted 13 years ago #

Hi All...
    its easy...you can copy the embed code from youtube...
    and in the new post section...change view to html..paste the code there..and thats all...you have embedded a video

8. tdjcbe
    Posted 13 years ago #

@frewin I believe you're thinking of regular wordpress, not wpmu. Embed code is stripped out with wpmu.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by selfmade64856
  • Latest reply from tdjcbe