The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New MU site - back to the basics (5 posts)

1. billjones
    Posted 14 years ago #

http://rhmpano.org

My goal is to actually limit most of the blogging aspects of wordpress and create a multi-level sire with MU. This is a show and tell venture with limited input from the gallery. I could go with my explanation, but it would be easier to just have you visit. I have also widdled down the plug in's to two. MM for my form manager. Doesn't save to the database on the MU system, but is quite nice for it's intention and unfiltered MU so I can Iframe where desired (has always been a favorite. I stopped using NextGen as it wold have functions stop working after WPress would upgrade.

If interested, please read the tab 'how to get the most from our images' and actully look at some of the almost gigapixel panoramas and 12 megapixel picture.

Bill

Oh, and the Red Hills Media link is also a MU site Red Hills Media . The look and feel of redhillsmedia and rhmpano are very very similar, did that on propose for what should be obvious reasons. Another MU site of mine is Bill Jones Properties with a different look and feel.

2. billjones
    Posted 14 years ago #

I forgot to add that I am only a little thin skinned, suggestions are always welcome.

Bill

3. satreasure
    Posted 14 years ago #

Bill,

Your websites look great! I am a Wordpress newbie but a quick study. I am particularly interested in your billjonesproperties.com website. I own a Real Estate Magazine and thought this would be a great segway of offerings for my advertisers. My site is at http://www.JaRealEstateGuide.com

Questions:
    1) Can I use Wordpress MU to let my advertisers create their own blog?

2) Can I monetize with Adsense and affiliate links, even on users' blogs?

3) Is there a search box plugin so web visitors could search for what they wanted to find a match on the Wordpress blog/website?

I appreciate your help in advance, thanks.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

1 - yes, kinda does that out of the box.
    2 - yep, plugins for that
    3 - the only two I know of are sketchy / need work. At least, if you're looking to replace the default search box.

A good workaround is Sitewide tags plugin.

5. satreasure
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks so much for your feedback and suggestions andrea_r

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by billjones
  • Latest reply from satreasure