The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Feature request or Plugin needed (5 posts)

1. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'd like to put forward a feature request of being able to override the file storage limits on a per blog basis. I want to be able to provide a 'premium' service on my site which would include more storage space.

I can't see any way possible to have different storage sizes for different blogs on the same WPMU site. A plugin to do the same thing would be fine - I'm willing to give it a go if someone can point me towards some hooks that I can use.

Cheers - Stuart.

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

You can probably just edit the bit of code that looks up the value for the limit and change it from the site options to the user option table. I think this would be more of "hack" than a plugin.

3. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

amanzi,

I saw your bug ticket. Does that mean you have figured out how to do this?

4. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

No - that was just for an extra space in one of the functions. I've been hacking the files, will post back later.

5. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes, I think it's possible. The check in space allowed function can be hacked to check the user table for each user's space capacity. This would make sure everyone gets what they should get, based on entity in the user table that would be unique to each user.

In the admin dashboard you then have an option that would enable you to select which user gets premium space.

I may want to try this out after I upgrade to a stable version. I think amanzi you mentioned this before and I believe I replied to your previous thread too ha ;)

About this Topic