The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

how to disable few admin pages access to users ? (5 posts)

1. anvesh
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

i want a code or hack or plugin to disable access of few admin pages to users ( blog owners )

like,

i want users to post specific categories, which automatically adds when they create blogs ... so they don't need to create more categories an di don't want that feature. So i ant to remove categories add and edit option for users .. how can i disable that page ? How can i remove that page link from admin area for users ? and when they try to open that page by direct link .. error message like " you are not authorized to view this page " message need to show.

and i want same type of facility to few more pages also ...

plz reply me with your solution, i will be really thankful to you :)

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

3. anvesh
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks, nice plugin.

is there any way to give chance to users to edit their profile and select themes from frontend ?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

For changing themes, no. There's the theme switcher, but that only changes it for whomever is viewing the blog - it will still show the activated theme for anyone else.

Buddypress has profiles that are editable from the frontend. Although I'm mentioning that as just an example, as I think BP is probably way more than you want or need.

5. anvesh
    Posted 14 years ago #

oh, okay.

Really thanks for ur help Andrea.

About this Topic