The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Admin Browse Themes By Attributess? (3 posts)

1. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hola!

Does anyone possibly know of a plugin that allows you to browse your installed themes through an attribute filter? It would obviously have to use the tags located inside the themes css. For example you could seach for 2 column + color green + widget ready.

I realize that 2.8 has a feature already installed, but that only works for the top level administrators and not anyone on a subdomain blog. BTW, what is up with the "Add New Themes" feature? It only lists the "Featured, Newest and Recently Updated" themes that come from Wordpress.org. I think it would be a better feature just to be able to browse the themes using the filters that are located in the /wp-content/themes folder, especially for those of us using WPMU where our customers could actually dial in their search instead of browsing 3000 themes 15 at a time.

Any help with the "Browse Theme Filter" would be great. Thanks!

Courtney Bostdorff

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"BTW, what is up with the "Add New Themes" feature? It only lists the "Featured, Newest and Recently Updated" themes that come from Wordpress.org."

It's purely for getting new theme from the repository. This was rolled in from single WP, which is why "search for theme already installed" isn't there because it doesn't make sense on a single site.

3,000 themes? On one WPMU install? Dude, that's too much. :D

This is probably the closest you'll get:
    http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/Rollover-Themes-List

3. selfmade64856
    Posted 14 years ago #

I see I see! Thanks for the info!

No I don't have 3000 themes, was just putting an example out there ;)

I remember trying the roll over theme list about a year ago, it was ok, but not what I was looking for. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by selfmade64856
  • Latest reply from selfmade64856