The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Limit user blogs to one blog? (8 posts)

1. WebTrooper
    Posted 14 years ago #

Am I missing something, or can users create as many blogs as they want? I'd like each new user to get one blog, according to their username, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Also, they get to choose their blog name? It should be their username, no options. How do I set it up to give each new user one blog of their username, and cannot create new blogs?

Thanks

2. WebTrooper
    Posted 14 years ago #

hmmm... no way to edit or delet my post? Anyway, I figured it out. Sorry if I caused a stir =)

3. parkstreet
    Posted 14 years ago #

If you are looking to limit blogs per user, you can check out this thread or this plugin.

4. WebTrooper
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks parkstreet, will check it out. =)

5. wondermade
    Posted 14 years ago #

How'd you figure it out? I'm looking for the same, though I'm wondering if it's the right path if I allow for fb-connect, etc.
    Thanks!

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

By default when they first sign up and get a blog, it's the same as their username. There also a link above to a plugin to limit them to one blog.

7. wondermade
    Posted 14 years ago #

I was taking his question in a slightly different way- the way that matches my questions.
    Can a user automatically get a single blog on registration with their user name as the blog name?

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

That's how it works by default.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by WebTrooper
  • Latest reply from andrea_r