The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Adding categories big problem (6 posts)

1. meenotuss
    Posted 14 years ago #

When trying to add categories, after adding and entering, it turns what ever I put in into a letter. Any help?

2. parkstreet
    Posted 14 years ago #

Would you happen to be using the multilanguage plugin?

3. meenotuss
    Posted 14 years ago #

yes

4. parkstreet
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes, I figured so. I realized that it was due to the plugin. But the category still shows up the way it supposed to. When I was using the multilanguage plugin, it would create GR instead of lets say General. If you look in your database, you might find entries like General-GR, General-ES, and so forth, but like I said, the categories still showed up the way they were supposed to on the blog. You might want to contact the plugin developer and ask whether it is a bug or the normal use of the plugin.

5. meenotuss
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have tried to exclude anything that would be automatic, or such. But having no luck, It is even placein random terms in now such as putting advertising as cat it puts business trading instead. I had a look at my data base and I have only input 7 cat, but it has 970 listed. Any clues

6. parkstreet
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yep, that is the same issue I had once before. I am not sure where you are in your site, but what I did when I had the issue, I had to either reinstall the db or recreate the table after deleting all the categories. It seemed to fix the issue. But then I stopped using the plugin. The plugin is doing something, and I am not sure what because I haven't had time to dig into it. The only thing I can suggest is contact the developer of the plugin or check out their forums if they have one. But the issue is definitely with that plugin because you are describing the same issue I once had.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by meenotuss
  • Latest reply from parkstreet