The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU 2.8.4: Menu bar missing Plugins item? (6 posts)

1. jshare
    Posted 14 years ago #

After applying the patch to allow an automatic upgrade, my test environment was automatically upgraded from 2.8.1 to 2.8.4. However, post-upgrade, the admin menu bar no longer has an item for Plugins. In other words, nowhere to click to get to the plugin manager.

I'm using Ozh Admin Drop Down Menu, perhaps it's an incompatibility with 2.8.4 but since I can't access the plugin manager, I can't deactivate that plugin without going into the db directly.

anyone else seeing this?

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

I can still access plugins from the left hand menu. Also 2.8.4. was a security to fix a hole where passwords could be reset, I don't think it included anything else.

If you need to de-activate a plugin then you can simply go into the relevant directory and remove the files/directory

3. jshare
    Posted 14 years ago #

Good idea, Steve.

I removed the plugin but there was no change. The left hand menu doesn't contain the plugin manager either.

No sweat though, I'm just curious if anyone else is seeing this. I can just regenerate the environment from svn and then try a manual upgrade.

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

You've purged your browser cache and flushed anything like eacellerator on the server?

5. jshare
    Posted 14 years ago #

I keep my browser cache at only 5 MB but yes. In my test env, all WordPress-based caching is off (like WP Super Cache) and I'm pretty certain there's no other server-side caching in place, that would have driven me nuts already during dev tasks.

6. JTC
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm seeing the same problem. No Admin menu.

About this Topic