The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU can't find plugins (11 posts)

1. siriusguy
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have the subdomain.domain.com structure. Everything is working perfectly except that WPMU cannot find any plugins. I'm able to switch themes without problem so it's not like WPMU can't find the /wp-content directory.

I've checked for permissions. I've checked my .htaccess file.

Any other suggestions?

2. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

same for me - can switch themes, but no plugins are found -
    hope someone has the answer or suggestion

3. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Do you have the Plugins menu enabled? It's disabled by default - you can turn it on for all users by going here: "Site Admin" --> "Options"

4. siriusguy
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes, I have the plugins menu enabled. I've just installed the latest version from svn. I've turned plugins off, saved, turned them back on, saved. Still can't find the plugins directory.

I'd understand this if I couldn't find themes but everything seems to work fine except plugins.

Thanks!

5. siriusguy
    Posted 17 years ago #

Update: wpmu is only finding plugins if they are a .PHP file in the wp-content/plugins or wp-content/mu-plugins directories. The existing files (global-categories.php, misc.php, pluggable.php) are not usable.

I tried copying in a plugin that didn't have a sub-directory of its own and it magically appeared.

So it's a question of figuring out what plugins are worth using and how they can be modified to run out of wp-content/plugins or wp-content/mu-plugins instead of their own subdirectories.

Certainly I prefer to have plugins in their own sub-directory. But WP and WPMU are so great and this is a very minor thing.

6. zappoman
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hey, I realize this post is really really old... but in case anyone is interested, I've written a mu plugin that will behavior like the normal wordpress plugin loading code and look inside subdirectories of the mu-plugins directory.

For more details see my dev blog at...

http://heftagaub.wordpress.com/2007/04/06/supporting-subdirectory-plugins-in-wordpressmu/

7. Ovidiu
    Posted 16 years ago #

wow. that sounds good, gonna test it out immediately :-)

8. Farms2
    Posted 16 years ago #

That so should be in the core code - it's silly that it isn't already in there - great work with the plugin though!

9. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Submit it to trac...

10. Farms2
    Posted 16 years ago #

Farms + Trac = Confused :)

11. zappoman
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've updated the subdir-mu-plugins Plugin to behave a little bit more like WordPress's plugins and a little less like WordPress MU's plugins. The latest version (0.42.2) can be found here.

More detail about this plugin and the change can be found here:

http://heftagaub.wordpress.com/2007/04/26/new-version-of-sub-directory-plugin-now-acts-more-like-wordpress/

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by siriusguy
  • Latest reply from zappoman