The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Yet Another Multi-Site Manager plugin???? (8 posts)

1. jwrbloom
    Posted 14 years ago #

When I go to check the settings of this plugin, I get the following:

Sorry, this plugin only works on virtual host installs.
  2. STDestiny
    Posted 14 years ago #

that plugin only works with subdomain installs. are you trying to run it on a site that uses subdirectories?

3. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

A multi-site manager that only works with subdomain installs? Nope, never heard that one before. Are you sure you're using a multi-site manager and not a domain mapping plugin?

4. jwrbloom
    Posted 14 years ago #

Right now I don't really have any sub-directories. Are you saying the plugin only installs in the other blogs/sites I create? I just tried to install it in my main site, thinking I would use/test it.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

I think the Yet Another Multi-Site plugin is actually just a domain mapping plugin, but mis-named.

6. jwrbloom
    Posted 14 years ago #

No one actually helped me with my issue.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

The second post has a question you didn't answer.

If your blogs are in the format of yourdomain.com.username, the plugin will not work.

8. HazardCell
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sorry I just saw this post. I know it's pretty old but I just want to clear things up regarding this plugin. It SHOULD support subdirectories but I never tested it with a subdir install so I don't know if it will work. The message above appeared because the sunrise.php used was the one meant for integration with Donncha's domain mapping plugin.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by jwrbloom
  • Latest reply from HazardCell