The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Another Redirect Loop Problem (1 post)

1. LanceCo
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm having the redirect loop problem with Wordpress Mu, hopefully you guys can help me.

I'm doing a fresh install using subdirectories (not subdomains). My host is using PHP 5.2.9, run as an Apache 2 module, and MySQL 5.0.x. The tricky thing is that my host already does their own URL permalink rewriting, so I can only use the "ugly permalinks" setting.

When I install, I get a 403 Forbidden error (which my support guy says is due to Mu automatically activating "pretty permalinks"). That error is solved when I delete the htaccess file, but gives me the redirect loop error when I try to go to the directory where Mu is installed. I can get to wp-admin.php in the directory, but I can't log in. It just throws me back to the log in page every time I hit submit.

I suspect the redirect error is being caused by the deletion of the htaccess file. But to make it play nice with my hosting, I have to force it to use the default permalinks from the get-go. Does anyone have an idea on how I can do that without having access to the dashboard?

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by LanceCo