The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Widgets won't drag and drop in new blog (10 posts)

1. croakingtoad
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have a fresh install of Mu on a Windows 2003 machine. I have standard installs of WP working fine on several websites on this machine and widgets work fine, but not in Mu.

I can edit the Inactive Widgets and add content, but I can not drag and drop any of the widgets, they just don't budge. I searched the forums and found a suggestion from several years ago about moving the scriptaculous folder but that doesn't seem to be a good fix now since the folder is by default where the previous post suggested moving it.

Am I missing activating them somewhere or what?

2. andy10010
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am having the same issue after upgrading to 2.8.4a. Active and Inactive Widgets can be seen but not moved. Also all of the active Widgets that were on a child blog are showing inactive and also cannot be moved.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Did the widgets page layout actually change? In 2.8, it's new, so if you're also seeing the old layout (just checking) then it didn't get upgraded completely.

4. croakingtoad
    Posted 14 years ago #

It's a fresh install for me.

5. andy10010
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes, it is the new interface. I have used and enjoyed the new version in standard WP, however the behavior is broken in MU. The Widgets that were installed in the template before the upgrade are not visible in the sidebars but show up in the inactive list. Neither the Available or Inactive Widgets can be moved.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Error logs?

I double-checked on an install that we recently upgraded and all the widgets are fine (at least on the main blog) and I can move them around.

I'm guessing a plugin isn't compatible with the latest version and it's affecting your widgets page.

7. andy10010
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. ScholarPress Courseware was causing the problem. Deactivation cleared the problem.

Thanks again.

8. associateone
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi everyone, this is the first time posting so bear with me. I'm not a master programmer as many of you sound to be, but I went from WP to WPMU recently and after having lots of fun playing around with it, I started installing plugins. My widget page initially worked as it's supposed to (including changing accessibility mode back and forth).

Next thing I knew, I was unable to drag the widgets around, not just on the widgets page, but on the dashboard also. Also the slide down option menu was no longer there on either page.

After thinking about it for awhile, I decided to deactivate all the plugins. That fixed the problem. Sorry, but I don't remember which one caused the problem. This post is just to support what andrea_r said about just that possibility.

9. RavolAndre
    Posted 14 years ago #

For those still having problems:
    Try installing the "Use Google Libraries" plugin.

That fixed the problem for me and it will fix the problem for you if it's JS-related.

10. kvcs
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thank you RavolAndre - it did fix my problem!! I had spent the last 2 days on this issue.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by croakingtoad
  • Latest reply from kvcs