The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

MU-Plugin: Sitewide search? (12 posts)

1. sepp88
    Posted 14 years ago #

hi there,

i just downloaded the sitewide search plugin by jason. http://jason.ungos.com/projects/one-search-wpmu-plugin/

i would absolutely love to get this plugin working, however i've no chance. in his attached readme.txt file he writes that the only things i have to do is copy the one_search.php file into the mu-plugins dirctory and CREATE A NEW BLOG to initialize the mysql tables.

i did that, and it's not working!
    what i'm doing wrong? did i forget anything?

regards matt

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

How is ti not working?
    Are their errors?
    Did the tables get created?
    Does it search all public blogs and your blogs are private?

help us to help you. :)

3. sepp88
    Posted 14 years ago #

well, the tables get created! v_posts, v_postmeta and v_comments.
    all blogs are public, e.g. my sitewide tags plugin works!!

my php_error.log document says this:

[29-Aug-2009 20:33:34] WordPress database error Error on rename of './wpmu/wp_v_posts.frm' to './wpmu/arc/wp_v_posts.frm-0001' (Errcode: 13) for query CREATE OR REPLACE VIEWwp_v_posts` AS (SELECT '1' AS blog_id, '1' AS site_id, 'wordpress.mu' AS domain, '/' AS path, posts1.* FROM wp_2_posts posts1) UNION (SELECT '2' AS blog_id, '1' AS site_id, 'wordpress.mu' AS domain, '/fussball/' AS path, posts2.* FROM wp_2_posts posts2) made by do_action, call_user_func_array, onesearch_build_views
    [29-Aug-2009 20:33:34] WordPress database error Error on rename of './wpmu/wp_v_postmeta.frm' to './wpmu/arc/wp_v_postmeta.frm-0001' (Errcode: 13) for query CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW wp_v_postmeta AS (SELECT '1' AS blog_id, '1' AS site_id, 'wordpress.mu' AS domain, '/' AS path, postmeta1.* FROM wp_2_postmeta postmeta1) UNION (SELECT '2' AS blog_id, '1' AS site_id, 'wordpress.mu' AS domain, '/fussball/' AS path, postmeta2.* FROM wp_2_postmeta postmeta2) made by do_action, call_user_func_array, onesearch_build_views
    [29-Aug-2009 20:33:34] WordPress database error Error on rename of './wpmu/wp_v_comments.frm' to './wpmu/arc/wp_v_comments.frm-0001' (Errcode: 13) for query CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW wp_v_comments AS (SELECT '1' AS blog_id, '1' AS site_id, 'wordpress.mu' AS domain, '/' AS path, comments1.* FROM wp_2_comments comments1) UNION (SELECT '2' AS blog_id, '1' AS site_id, 'wordpress.mu' AS domain, '/fussball/' AS path, comments2.* FROM wp_2_comments comments2) made by do_action, call_user_func_array, onesearch_build_views`

4. sepp88
    Posted 14 years ago #

no ideas? please?

5. awarner20
    Posted 14 years ago #

You might want to try this MU search plugin also...
    http://welcome.totheinter.net/wpsearchmu/

6. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Looking over at the site you linked to there seem to have been others saying they have had problems and have had to fix the code.

7. sepp88
    Posted 14 years ago #

thank you guys, however the wpsearchmu plugin isn't working as well. don't get what i'm doing wrong. copied all files in my mu directory und added the two lines of code to my search.php file.

anything forgotten?

8. adamwulf
    Posted 14 years ago #

make sure to chmod -R 777 the wpsearchmu plugin directory, and then go to the wpsearchmu options page and generate the index for the blog.

9. sepp88
    Posted 14 years ago #

thank you, got it!

10. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Looking at the code I suspect it will crawl to halt on a big site with those views based on unions across tables. A solution that uses a set of tables to hold posts for search (which is what Donncha's SWT solution gives you) really has to be the only way forward.

I did mine using the post indexer stub from WPMUDEV Premium and then, having added a couple of text indexes to it wrote my own site wide search.

11. adamwulf
    Posted 14 years ago #

yeah, i didn't like the view based approach of onesearch either, but the kicker for me was the poor result quality because it uses the same mysql queries as the default wordpress search. wpsearchmu actually uses lucene to build the search index, so it's typically more accurate than searching w/ mysql.

12. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

wpsearchmu looks quite good, just needs you to go and edit the search.php file in each theme, and if its not there then you need to create it or its permalinks dont work for subdirectory installs.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by sepp88
  • Latest reply from SteveAtty