The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Plugin Error: "No WPMU site defined" (5 posts)

1. DragonFlyEye
    Posted 14 years ago #

Let me start by saying this is NOT an installation problem, inasmuch as this is a standing website that's been there for years. The error is not happening when accessing any of the normal parts of the website, but rather when accessing plugin files. Let me also say I'm perfectly aware that this must be a server config problem, since I've got the same plugin running on two separate installations of WPMU on the same VPS: same version of both, and it's working on one but not the other.

The plugin in question is cforms. What's happening is that when the plugin accesses any of its stand-alone files such as lib_ajax.php, it returns the "No WPMU site defined" error instead of the file. If I browse directly to the file, I get the same. Every file in that subdirectory is the same, yet the next folder up is not.

What I need from the group, if someone will be good enough to indulge me, are some leads as to why the error occurs in a general sense. I'm not seeing too much looking at wpmu-settings.php that leads me anywhere.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

- double-check the htaccess files on both sites
    - check the error logs (I'm sure you did this, but i have to mention it)
    - folder ownership

3. DragonFlyEye
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks, Andrea

Error logs look clean. But then, if WPMU is handling the "error," then they probably should be, shouldn't they?

I'm looking at the VirtualHost entries for both sites. They seem basically identical, pretty much the standard WPMU entries, save for some expiration jazz.

Hmmmm.....

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"But then, if WPMU is handling the "error," then they probably should be, shouldn't they?"

No, WPMU just suppresses the error messages on the front end. It doesn't disable any writing to logs.

That particular error message is shown when it can't find a particular blog in the database, if that help. I know cforms worked with 2.6.5, not sure about recent changes.

5. DragonFlyEye
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks. I guess I'll have to paw through the cforms code to figure out what's going on. Maybe it's making some call to "www" or something.

What's really weird is: the thing totally works on the other site, both running WPMU 2.8.4. Oh, well. Patience and perseverance....

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by DragonFlyEye
  • Latest reply from DragonFlyEye