The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Need to edit my theme need a little help !! (6 posts)

1. aniqueakhtar
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi..

i am new to wordpress and don't know anything about it... I need to know how to do few things in wordpress...

Using wordpress MU i have created five blogs... i would be installing them on one domain... so there are actually four blogs and one is just a home page... containing links and screen shots to all the four other blogs...

I have created and started all the other four blogs which are the sub domains of the home page which is my fifth blog... What i need to do is to edit my home blog template...

i have installed the simplX theme :
    http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/simplex

and i have removed the sidebar... what i need to do here is to remove all the posts.. since this is my dashboard blog so i don't want anyone posting here... i just want them to post in my other blogs.. I want this theme to be plane and just show four screenshots and a little description about all the other four blogs.. which are in the subdomains..

any idea how i can do that..

Thanks

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

make a file called home.php. Stick in in that theme's folder, and put whatever you want in that file.

3. STDestiny
    Posted 14 years ago #

In the theme you're using for the main blog (assuming it's not the same theme as the other four, otherwise, you'll need to create a duplicate copy of the theme), make a copy of index.php and rename it home.php. Erase everything from

<?php if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>

to

<?php endif; ?>

and insert whatever content you want.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Wow, we posted one second apart. :D

5. aniqueakhtar
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks for replying..
    okay... i have removed everything...

now i need to know how to add names, screen shots and description of all the other blogs in a page.. using php ..

any replies would be highly appreciated..

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

You only need to use php if you want to pull the info dynamically out of the database. So... the screenshot of each blog, for example, will have to be hardcoded. you know, make a jpg, link to it with html...

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by aniqueakhtar
  • Latest reply from andrea_r