The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Every time page Redirect to installation screen (8 posts)

1. Hi_M_Patel
    Posted 14 years ago #

i hv insalled wpmu in...

/public_html/wpmu/

also changed the mode to rewrite to 755

but still the page redirect to installation screen

help me to find out the solution

2. bestofnj
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

I don't have a solution for you, but I am having the same problem with my installation. Can you access the backend dashboard?

John

3. roberthq
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yep, same problem here...can access the back-end. What does that mean?

4. matt608
    Posted 14 years ago #

same problem as me (just to let 'then up there who fix this' know there are a number of us with this problem)

5. roberthq
    Posted 14 years ago #

This is what I've been told after giving the keys to the help desk guys over at lunarpages...This is quoted from the support ticket they sent me:

A technician responded to your ticket with:
    Hello, I have tried the install and looked into what the WPMU forums say on this. Apparently this is a common issue on sites where Wordpress is installed in public_html and they attempt to install WPMU in a subfolder. This is an issue with the script as you can tell by all the others having this issue with different hosts and by the numerous solutions provided. I installed it to my site on our Chiron server at http://dangkids.com/ and it is working just fine. I do have a single version of Wordpress also installed under another of my addon domains in another subfolder which is not affecting this. It has to do with your current install under public_html. Unfortunately, we do not provide support for 3rd party scripts and this is a script issue. My suggestions from what I have read is to contact the script maker for help and perhaps try the extreme suggestion of downloading all the files for the wordpress install under public_html via FTP, delete the files from the server, install WPMU, reupload the public_html wordpress files again. You might also consider moving that install to a subfolder also then redirect to that folder in the public_html .htaccess with the following code: [This can be used to redirect a primary domain to a folder to make it appear as if that subfolder's index.htm, index.php, whatever is the index page for the primary domain.] RewriteEngine On Options +FollowSymlinks RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} domain.com$ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !folder/ RewriteRule ^(.*)$ folder/$1

I hope this sheds new light for some of you. I guess MU will not install in a directory, only the root folder. There are many posts here that mention how to do this. I'll be hitting them up soon.
    Good luck!
    RRG

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"(just to let 'then up there who fix this' know there are a number of us with this problem) "

It's more an issue with your hosts than WPMU.

Just to let anyone else searching & landing on this thread.

7. roberthq
    Posted 14 years ago #

I wanted to let everyone know what I learned from My WPMU and single install woes.

With Lunarpages I was able to install and run it on a shared server. It had to be installed on the root and I did get it to install in a directory, but it just won't run correctly. So I moved my previous single install of WP to a directory and installed WPMU on the root and everything works fine.

Hope this helps those of you trying to do something like this.
    RRG

8. jmsearcy
    Posted 14 years ago #

I would double check your wp-config.php. I've seen similar problems originating in wp-config.php - $base is set to BASE when it should be the path like "/" or "/blogs/".

-Joe

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by Hi_M_Patel
  • Latest reply from jmsearcy