The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Need directed to information (3 posts)

1. dpd1998
    Posted 14 years ago #

OK, I'm at wits end on this. I'm sure there must be some documentation on what I'm looking foe but I've looked so long I'm getting bug eyed.

I'm using WPMU 2.8.4

Using the following path:

Site Admin->Blogs->Edit for any one of the blogs listed it links to the "Edit Blog" page. On that page as you scroll down there are dozens of options. I know many of the fields for these options are carried over from some where else with in the blogs configuration. I see a lot of options that are empty. I can't find what they mean or what needs to be placed in the fields to make changes to the blog options.

For example of of the options is "Advanced Edit" with a value of "0" in the field. What is it for and what changes can be made to it?

I'd like to learn them all. I'm inquisitive, is there any documentation that list all of these what there for?

I was trying to find how I can allow my users to edit the style.css of the theme that there using. I can't find it either unless it's the "Advanced Edit" option I want to know about LOL

Please, any insight any one can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I need to get to sleep it's way past bed time. I'll visit tomorrow and see what any one has to offer as to what I'm looking for.

David

2. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

The same question was asked last week some time. I highly recommend searching the forums before you're at your wits end. The answer was that it's a vestigial option from an earlier release, and really does nothing now.

Also, any program that can search all files in a directory is going to be your friend when trying to figure these things out. Start with the page you know has the parameter/option/value you're looking for. Figure out what it's called, and search the rest of the codebase for it. See if it exists anywhere.

In this case, the option is advanced_edit and it's not used anywhere anymore.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"I can't find what they mean or what needs to be placed in the fields to make changes to the blog options. "

You don't need to ever touch those options on that page UNLESS you can't get to the user's blog backend, OR you are unable to access the database directly.

"I'm sure there must be some documentation on what I'm looking for"
    Actually, there isn't.

"I was trying to find how I can allow my users to edit the style.css of the theme that there using."

Um, there isn't an option for this, which is why you can't find it. You need to add a css editor plugin (of which there are a few).

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by dpd1998
  • Latest reply from andrea_r