The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Image Display Issues (7 posts)

1. jmsearcy
    Posted 14 years ago #

I discovered today, I'm having some weird problem with images on my blog. All of the images in my Media Library are no longer displaying. the links to the images are accurate, and I've verified the files actually exist on the server in the appropriate directory, with appropriate ownership and permissions (as far as I can tell). They just won't display in my posts, or when I browse the media library. I'm also having a similar issue with images I've linked to from external sources. Anyone else having this problem, or someone with a fix?

site: http://phenix.thephenixblue.com

-Joe

2. jmsearcy
    Posted 14 years ago #

I setup a clean install of WPMU, moved over my .htaccess, wp-config, and wp-content dir. Same issues, which makes me think it's in one of those files, or a setting in the DB somewhere........Any ideas?!

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"I'm also having a similar issue with images I've linked to from external sources."

This part makes me think it's not MU.

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

I see pictures fine in this post:

http://phenix.thephenixblue.com/2009/09/att-iphone-mms/

(For reference, the first one is from an external site.)

Did you fix the issue or are you still having problems? If you are, please provide a specific url so we can see what you're looking at.

5. jmsearcy
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am still having the aforementioned problem. That one post is the only post that seems to be unaffected. Here's a specific page that has images included from my media library:

http://phenix.thephenixblue.com/2009/03/data-center-migration/

As mentioned before, the images are also not displaying when browsing through the media library in the admin console. I host other WP sites ont he same server, and none of them seem to be affected, just this MU setup (that's been running for months without any problems).

-Joe

6. jmsearcy
    Posted 14 years ago #

I finally found out what was causing the problem....A few months ago I added the following lines of code to the bottom of my wp-config.php file to fix some ftp issues I was having:

/** Override default file permissions
    if(is_admin()) {
    add_filter('filesystem_method', create_function('$a', 'return "direct";' ));
    define( 'FS_CHMOD_DIR', 0751 );
    }

I found that commenting out these lines allows the images in my posts and media library to appear as normal. Has anyone else had this issue, or can you test it on a wpmu install to see if you get the same results? I wanna say I had these lines of code in the wp-config.php for a while before I got the image problem, but I can't remember exactly now. Any ideas on how to fix the ftp problems I'm having now (plugin installs and updates through the admin section do not work now)?

-Joe

7. schpet
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi Joe,

I'm very happy you found the solution to that, commenting out those lines worked for my wpmu images-not-loading problem. I installed that function earlier today, I'm not sure how long the images haven't been loading though.

About this Topic