The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Problem with install (Undefined index, constant db...) (18 posts)

1. alexzien
    Posted 14 years ago #

Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in g:\home\letrapp.net\wwwroot\witting\index-install.php on line 3

Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in g:\home\letrapp.net\wwwroot\witting\index-install.php on line 492

Notice: Constant DB_NAME already defined in g:\home\letrapp.net\wwwroot\witting\wp-config.php on line 23

Notice: Constant DB_USER already defined in g:\home\letrapp.net\wwwroot\witting\wp-config.php on line 26

Notice: Constant DB_PASSWORD already defined in g:\home\letrapp.net\wwwroot\witting\wp-config.php on line 29

Notice: Constant DB_HOST already defined in g:\home\letrapp.net\wwwroot\witting\wp-config.php on line 32

Notice: Constant VHOST already defined in g:\home\letrapp.net\wwwroot\witting\wp-config.php on line 39

Installation Finished!

1. downloaded wordpress mu, put the files in "wordpressmu" folder.
    2. put all the files from the wordpressmu folder to my ftp directory /wordpressmu/
    3. put in all information about username,password,name etc
    4. got the messages above...
    5. tried to access my site, but this message shows up:
    "IISPassword
    The page cannot be displayed
    There is a problem with the page youare trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. It is most likely that configuration files for this url are corrupted."

What have I done wrong?

2. alexzien
    Posted 14 years ago #

My server "settings":

Server: Windows 2003 Server
    Scripts supported: ASP, Net1.1, .Net 2, Perl, PHP4, PHP5, CGI, Frontpage
    Components: Perl, AspUpload, ImgWriter, DynuFTP, Jmail, ASPSMS

3. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

Did you manually edit and create the .htaccess (or equivalent on IIS) and wp-config.php files?

4. hamedhemmati
    Posted 14 years ago #

I also have the same errors.

5. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Did you see Tim's question? What is the answer?

Give the readme file included with the download a read. At no time do you edit the wp-config.php file. At the very top of that file is a note not to edit it. The file is created during the install.

Also installing into a subdirectory isn't recommended. Blog get surved off of the root of the install. You'll have that subdirectory name in there with the blog urls.

6. hamedhemmati
    Posted 14 years ago #

none of the files were edited. Just copied all the files into the root folder. created a blank database with a user that has full permission to the database. opened the page and answered all of the questions then it came up with notices and the database errors. I don't even get installation finished.

PHP Notice:  Constant DB_NAME already defined in D:\Company Websites\blogging\wp-config.php on line 23
    PHP Notice:  Constant DB_USER already defined in D:\Company Websites\blogging\wp-config.php on line 26
    PHP Notice:  Constant DB_PASSWORD already defined in D:\Company Websites\blogging\wp-config.php on line 29
    PHP Notice:  Constant DB_HOST already defined in D:\Company Websites\blogging\wp-config.php on line 32
    PHP Notice:  Constant VHOST already defined in D:\Company Websites\blogging\wp-config.php on line 39
    WordPress database error Table 'hemmati.wp_blogs' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_blogs WHERE domain = 'hostedservice.org' AND path = '/' made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once
    WordPress database error Table 'hemmati.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE site_id = 1 AND meta_key = 'site_name' made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once, get_current_site_name
    WordPress database error Table 'hemmati.wp_blogs' doesn't exist for query SELECT blog_id FROM wp_blogs LIMIT 0,1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once
    WordPress database error Table 'hemmati.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'wpmu_sitewide_plugins' AND site_id = 1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, get_site_option
  7. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

If you delete the file D:\Company Websites\blogging\wp-config.php and try the install again, does it do the same thing?

Edit: Also, you should try removing spaces from the path. Try changing D:\Company Websites\blogging\ to D:\websites\blogging\ or such.

8. hamedhemmati
    Posted 14 years ago #

if I delete the wp-config.php I get a different error. I used to have it in a websites folder which is my test folder and it had same issues so I moved it to my company websites folder which I have several websites running it just to make sure it's not folder permission but it made no difference. here is the error I am getting now.

PHP Notice:  Constant DB_NAME already defined in D:\Company Websites\blogging\wp-config.php on line 23
    PHP Notice:  Constant DB_USER already defined in D:\Company Websites\blogging\wp-config.php on line 26
    PHP Notice:  Constant DB_PASSWORD already defined in D:\Company Websites\blogging\wp-config.php on line 29
    PHP Notice:  Constant DB_HOST already defined in D:\Company Websites\blogging\wp-config.php on line 32
    PHP Notice:  Constant VHOST already defined in D:\Company Websites\blogging\wp-config.php on line 39
    WordPress database error Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY' for query INSERT INTO wp_sitecategories ( cat_ID, cat_name, category_nicename, last_updated ) VALUES (1, 'Uncategorized', 'uncategorized', NOW()) made by require, include, step3
    WordPress database error Duplicate entry '2' for key 'PRIMARY' for query INSERT INTO wp_sitecategories ( cat_ID, cat_name, category_nicename, last_updated ) VALUES (2, 'Blogroll', 'blogroll', NOW()) made by require, include, step3
  9. alexzien
    Posted 14 years ago #

My problem was that I have a Windows server. I tried my Linux server and there it worked just fine.

10. hamedhemmati
    Posted 14 years ago #

I actually think these errors don't mean anything. I did the admin password reset and logged in and then installed smtp plugin. As far as I can tell everything seems to be working. I have to really test everything out but it looks like it's all there.

11. pivey
    Posted 14 years ago #

actually i have the same errors as above.
    I did not touch anything .. just run the install
    After refresh i am able to login, but within the admin (clicking any link) the errors show up again.
    They then look like:
    PHP Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. etc etc....

Running WIN 2003 server, IIS6

The error stays even when deleting the wp-cinfig.php and trying a fresh install.
    No spaces between the directory paths

Please help :-)

12. pivey
    Posted 14 years ago #

just to add:
    1. after installation, first errors show up -> like hamedhemmati described
    2. Login details are sent OK
    I am browsing to admin login
    > login OK
    After login -> blank page
    > i access the admin trough front end

3. some links within the admin work, while other show up new errors.
    Here is one when clicking link "pages"

'PHP Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\travelians.com\wp-includes\functions.php on line 35 PHP Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\travelians.com\wp-includes\functions.php on line 43 PHP Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\travelians.com\wp-includes\functions.php on line 35 PHP Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\travelians.com\wp-includes\functions.php on line 43 PHP Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\travelians.com\wp-includes\functions.php on line 35 PHP Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\'

Most errors are date() + strtotime() errors

13. pivey
    Posted 14 years ago #

just aguess: maybe it is an issue with the "echo mysql2date" date function?

14. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Have you set a proper default tz for your server in your php.ini file?

15. pivey
    Posted 14 years ago #

the tz... of course ! :-) You are my man!
    I defined the date.timezone="Europe/Berlin" and the timezone errors are gone.

But!.... 'PHP Warnings still there.
    After installation, PHP warnings show up
    > password is mailed OK
    > i refresh my page and log in
    > now when hitting "date related" content like "pages" or "blogs"
    are not returning errors... workflow is OK

Any idea what is causing the PHP Warnings ?

These are the full warnings :
    PHP Notice: Constant DB_NAME already defined in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\travelians.com\wp-config.php on line 23 PHP Notice: Constant DB_USER already defined in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\travelians.com\wp-config.php on line 26 PHP Notice: Constant DB_PASSWORD already defined in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\travelians.com\wp-config.php on line 29 PHP Notice: Constant DB_HOST already defined in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\travelians.com\wp-config.php on line 32 PHP Notice: Constant VHOST already defined in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\travelians.com\wp-config.php on line 39 WordPress database error Table 'travelians.wp_blogs' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_blogs WHERE domain = 'travelians.com' made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once WordPress database error Table 'travelians.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE site_id = 1 AND meta_key = 'site_name' made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once, get_current_site_name WordPress database error Table 'travelians.wp_blogs' doesn't exist for query SELECT blog_id FROM wp_blogs LIMIT 0,1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once WordPress database error Table 'travelians.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'wpmu_sitewide_plugins' AND site_id = 1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, get_site_option

THANK YOU SO FAR!

16. pivey
    Posted 14 years ago #

errors solved.
    It was related to PHP 5.3 i used
    As soon as i downgraded to 5.2.11, the installation is smooth.
    Hope this helps

17. qdinar
    Posted 14 years ago #

hello. i have:

Jan 17 12:01:53 dinar-desktop php5-cgi: WordPress database error Table 'kukmararuwpmu.wp_blogs' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_blogs WHERE domain = 'wp.kukmara.ru' made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once
    Jan 17 12:01:53 dinar-desktop php5-cgi: WordPress database error Table 'kukmararuwpmu.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE site_id = 1 AND meta_key = 'site_name' made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once, get_current_site_name
    Jan 17 12:01:53 dinar-desktop php5-cgi: WordPress database error Table 'kukmararuwpmu.wp_blogs' doesn't exist for query SELECT blog_id FROM wp_blogs LIMIT 0,1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once
    Jan 17 12:01:53 dinar-desktop php5-cgi: WordPress database error Table 'kukmararuwpmu.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'wpmu_sitewide_plugins' AND site_id = 1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, get_site_option
    Jan 17 12:01:53 dinar-desktop php5-cgi: WordPress database error Table 'kukmararuwpmu.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'active_sitewide_plugins' AND site_id = 1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, apply_filters, call_user_func_array, mu_filter_plugins_list, get_site_option

this in syslog during installation. but installation is finished successfully.

13:10 utc+3 : php 5.2.10... in ubuntu 9.10 .

18. proshotphoto
    Posted 13 years ago #

Why was this not ansered by anyone

i have the same error

it is not an unusual error obviously
    MY error

IISPassword
    The page cannot be displayed
    There is a problem with the page youare trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. It is most likely that configuration files for this url are corrupted.

Please try the following:

* Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
    * Open the home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
    * If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the home page.

HTTP Error 500
    IISPassword for Internet Information Services

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by alexzien
  • Latest reply from proshotphoto