The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU Features Doc (7 posts)

1. ctsttom
    Posted 14 years ago #

I just though I should let people know that I have been taking a good look at the documentation on the codex http://codex.wordpress.org/WPMU_Functions and making a lot of improvements, I have started at the bottom and I am working my way up to the top (I don't know why I started this way around).

I have kind of found a good format by looking at others and I will post a page about how to format it but for now perhaps people could take a look at my documentation so far and let me know if there are any problems.

Interestingly I found a piece of code which was listed a function called wpmu_admin_redirect_url() which doesn't seem to do anything, there is only one mention of 'wpmu_admin_redirect_url' in the whole code base of WordPress MU and thats where the function is defined, it doesn't seem to be called anywhere, and I can't figure out what its for. Any ideas?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Awesome, thanks so much for doing this. :)

No idea what that functions does, but possibly looking up its history in trac might lead to some clues as to why it was added / no longer referenced.

3. ctsttom
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sure will do. I am going to do some
    more tonight. Eventually I will document the function I actually went to find out about and then I and others will have some usful stuff for future reference.

That said you guys really need to comment your code it's such a bad habbit and means that only another programmer if similar understanding can document and understand your work.

I imagine many beginner level php people have been put off writing a plugin because of this. So I hope my time and effort can be maintained by the developers to keep wordpress mu doc up to date and will help the mu plugin community.

4. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

Good man. One thing I had thought of is that ideally the wpmu functions should be just listed on the regular wordpress functions page.

This especially makes sense in light of the merge and hopefully it would elicit some interest by theme/plugin developers in making their stuff work with both modes.

I would have said that it might also help get the wpmu function documentation better maintained, but there's a lot of gaps in documenting the regular wp functions too.

5. ctsttom
    Posted 14 years ago #

Good point, I will stick with what I have but I would encourage you to put that suggestion forward to whoever.

6. ctsttom
    Posted 14 years ago #

Here is the finished article on that weird function...

http://codex.wordpress.org/WPMU_Functions/wpmu_admin_redirect_url

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

The codex has always been mainly left to the community to update. We all can, and should. People are working on making it better, but it's mostly a volunteer effort.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by ctsttom
  • Latest reply from andrea_r