The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Will it meet my requirement (7 posts)

1. padma18885
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi ...
    I want to create multiple newspaper/magazine portal which is having 3 level of user hierarchy Super admin -- >Individual portal admin ---> portal viewers

Super Admin have the controls over all access. He/she can handle multiple Individual portal admin.

Individual portal admin : This user is having own admin area with default admin interface defined by super admin and can manage his/her category, theme. He/She can defined their individual category type. These user can be any type of newspaper/magazine like Sports, political, Media , Religious etc

The theme, admin area of Individual portal admin are default for all user.

2. STDestiny
    Posted 14 years ago #

That's exactly what wpmu is designed for. It would definitely suit your needs.

3. padma18885
    Posted 14 years ago #

So which role best suits for the individual portal admin? As I want to apply some Super admin Default setting to Portal Admin like Admin menu , And there are number of indvidual portal admin below the super admin.

I had tried with the editor role to http://www.example.com/portaladmin1 but , It is giving the access to http://www.example.com also. I want portaladmin1 access will be limited to his/her own http://www.example.com/portaladmin1 only.

4. STDestiny
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm assuming you're using just subfolders?
    Ideally, you should only have one "Super Admin", since that person could affect the entire site. WPMU usually has the following roles:

From the codex (with a little addition from me with WPMU roles):

• Site Administrator - Somebody who has access to all the administration features of the entire WPMU site.
    • Blog Administrator - Somebody who has access to all the administration features of one or more blogs.
    • Editor - Somebody who can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people's posts, etc.
    • Author - Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
    • Contributor - Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish posts
    • Subscriber - Somebody who can read comments/comment/receive news letters, etc.

So my guess would be that what you want would translate to the following:

• You - Site Admin
    • "Super Admin" - Blog Admin (can be assigned to more than one blog
    • "Portal Admin" - Editor

Hope that helps.

(Edit: typo)

5. padma18885
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok Got it
    Thanks....

But how can I enable some admin leval setting to blog admin.

I want to use the plugin which site admin have enabled is automatically enabled for blog admin.

I have tried with enabling those pluings with option "↑ Activate pluginname Site Wide" in plugin section, but it is not working

And in my blog admin I am getting the list of modules which I haven't activate Site Wide and option to install those manually

6. STDestiny
    Posted 14 years ago #

7. padma18885
    Posted 14 years ago #

thanx ...
    It works for me ...

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by padma18885
  • Latest reply from padma18885