The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wp-activate.php doesn´t work (14 posts)

1. jagalizzi
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm working with wpmu 2.8.4 have problem with the wp-activate.php. After that user registering a new blog and getting the activation email , the activation dose not works. I have tested CHMD to be sure that is not a permission problem.

http://www.energyenhancement.org/Meditation-Blogs

To activate the blog:

http://energyenhancement.org/Meditation-Blogs/wp-activate.php?key=8fb968fd3f0ead14

Help me please.

2. jagalizzi
    Posted 14 years ago #

I tried to create the blogs from the backend and works fine. So it must be some problem with wp-active.php file.

3. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

Click on the activate link shows a partially loaded page. It looks like you are getting PHP errors somewhere. Try looking in your PHP and Apache error logs for an indication of what is happening.

Also, if you revert to the default template and try to activate a new blog, does that work?

4. jagalizzi
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok, I will try that. Also I have another problem, every time I want to create a new blog with a mail that previously used for another blog doesn't let me, appears:

Sorry, that email address is already used!

There is an optin that I have to change?

5. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

You should be able to create a new blog with an existing email address. That is how WPMU decides who is the administrator for the blog.

How are you going about setting up a new blog?

6. jagalizzi
    Posted 14 years ago #

With the default template works fine. So, must be a php error in my theme.

7. jagalizzi
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well, it doesn't work ok. The active page work right but when I want to see the page blog, appears like the active page of the other theme.

http://energyenhancement.org/Meditation-Blogs/sufism/

8. wpmuguru
    Posted 14 years ago #

Try signing up for & activating a blog with no uppercase letters or hyphens in the blogname/path.

9. jagalizzi
    Posted 14 years ago #

Whith out hyphens is impossible because the directory of wpmu is Meditation-Blogs.

10. wpmuguru
    Posted 14 years ago #

Right.

Which would you rather do, hack WPMU or change your folder name to not have uppercase letters or hyphens?

11. jagalizzi
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well, I modified the path without uppercase letters and hyphens, the same happen. The activation page doesn't work.

12. valleysong
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have the same problem.

I think about the solution of it ,but it doesn't work.

I only get the header of page,But lost of Content and footer.

Will you contact with me .

my E_mail : valleysong@msn.com

Thanks.

13. jagalizzi
    Posted 14 years ago #

People, I'm thinking in reinstall wpmu. I don't find the solution.
    What do they think?

14. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

Reinstalling is a good option. Just back up any content you have first.

Also, wpmuguru reminded me that I have had problems in the past with uppercase characters and non-alphabetical characters in blog names. Try setting up blog names as meditationblog or such.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by jagalizzi
  • Latest reply from tmoorewp