The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Number "1" in everypage (6 posts)

1. janemarcia26
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have a Number "1" in every top part of my site page and don't know where it could be to remove it. It is located on the very very top of everything. even before admin header.

2. rsgrone
    Posted 14 years ago #

It's in the header.php file of your theme

Try changing themes to see if it goes away

And if it does not go away look on your options page and see if there is a "1" in the "short description" of your blog or whatever they call it

3. janemarcia26
    Posted 14 years ago #

No I did look in all those file you said before, it's not there.

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

It happened before:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/12182?replies=7

- Does it happen with all themes and all sites?

- Is it browser specific?

- Anything in the webserver's error logs?

- Anything in the outputted html when you go View -> Source within your browser that appears alongside the '1'?

- Have you tried renaming your plugins and mu-plugins subdirectories to see if that stops it? (Andrea, if you see this, maybe an article on that for your tutorial site would be welcomed.)

- Can we get a link please?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"Have you tried renaming your plugins and mu-plugins subdirectories to see if that stops it? (Andrea, if you see this, maybe an article on that for your tutorial site would be welcomed.)"

Noted. :)

I'm going to guess it's a plugin in mu-plugins folder with a stray 1 somewhere.

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Either that or wp-config.php. I could have sworn we had a thread where there was an extra line with some text at the top of the wp-config.php file but I can't find it.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by janemarcia26
  • Latest reply from tdjcbe