The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Error logging in via "invite" Option for Add New User (7 posts)

1. rsgrone
    Posted 14 years ago #

After receiving an "invite" via the "Add New User" feature, I was just informed by a member of my site that they could not log in. They are getting a:

500 - Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Here is the message they received via the "Add New User / Invite email":

Hi,
    >
    > You have been invited to join 'My Site' at
    > http://mysite.net
    > Please click the following link to confirm the invite:
    > http://worldnewsvine.net/newbloguser/1ff1d/

I requested they send forward the email to me so that I could investigate the problem

Any thougts why this "resource" would be unavailable?

Thanks

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

So what's in your apache error log and your php error log?

3. rsgrone
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well, I will look in my php or Web Server 2008 logs

Nothing in the server logs that jump rigth out and say "oh my configuration" error

The php log keeps referring to this:
    [18-Oct-2009 19:10:54] PHP Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in D:\wordpressmu\wp-settings.php on line 18

Which quite frankly I haven't a clue but that it ths only reference to wordpress and/or that I address associated with th install to be found

Oops wrong install I was looking at. here is the error log for that web:

2009-10-18 19:31:06 74.208.96.14 GET /blog/newbloguser/1ff1d/ - 80 - 74.67.20.252 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+8.0;+Windows+NT+6.0;+WOW64;+Trident/4.0;+SLCC1;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727;+Media+Center+PC+5.0;+.NET+CLR+3.0.30618;+.NET+CLR+3.5.30729;+InfoPath.2) 500 0 0 185

And the users IP logged

2009-10-18 19:13:30 74.208.96.14 GET /newbloguser/1ff1d/ - 80 - 212.159.61.36 Mozilla/5.0+(X11;+U;+Linux+i686;+en-GB;+rv:1.9.1.3)+Gecko/20090824+Firefox/3.5.3 500 0 0 281

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

500 is an internal server error so something is blowing up. So turn on php error logging at its max level and restart the webserver and see what happens then

Does WebServer 2008 support rewriting?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Have you tried creating a test blog from the backend, and does it work?

6. rsgrone
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yup,

I have 7 live "blogs" running. I think it may have something to do with this "follow-Up" email premium plug-in that had installed.

Not certain what this is about.

I will need to reboot the server for updates later on this evening anyway. I deactivated the "premium plug-in" and will play it by ear.

The "new users" that are registering aren't having any problems with the exception once again, the premium plug-in that allows you to choose your own password, is over-ridden by the email message that is being sent out.

This is strange, I thought the whole idea of choosing your own password, was so that you did not have to deal with the email confirmation thingy...

Something is screwy here... wanna give it a try or just take my word for it?

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'll take your word for it. :)

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by rsgrone
  • Latest reply from andrea_r