The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Image album, gone in 2.8.4a ? (11 posts)

1. xrun
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi.
    I recently upgraded several of my WPMU-sites to 2.8.4a, and all seems fine. The only issue is that some bloggers that were used to using the album function when adding immages to their posts tell me that is gone. They can't find the album thing, to bulk select and insert several images into a post at once.
    Is that gone in 2.8.4?
    If so, does anyone know a plugin that would be a good substitute?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

It's not gone, it;s still there. You mean the flash uploader in the image uploader and the gallery insert button?

3. xrun
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes, I can still upload multiple images, but the gallery insert button is gone. Some of the bloggers are asking where it went, and want it back.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

As far as I know, it's still there, still in use. There may be a plugin interfering.

Users can still type in [gallery] and have the gallery show up. That's all the button does.

5. xrun
    Posted 14 years ago #

No new plugins have been added, the bloggers could add multiple images at once to a post before upgrading to 2.8.4, but not after. Now they seem to have to add images one by one.
    Where would they need to type in [gallery] to get the functionality back?

6. tim.moore
    Posted 14 years ago #

Check your Site Admin -> Options. There are three checkboxes in there which control the visibility of the Media Upload buttons.

7. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

The gallery definitely works in 2.8.4a. We have several users with it on their sites.

The gallery tab doesn't show up until after you've attached images to a post. So insert the images, click the image button again and the gallery tab should now appear listing the image that were attached.

8. xrun
    Posted 14 years ago #

Right. All I see is buttons for picture, video, sound, and media.
    When adding a picture, from among previously uploaded images or from the harddrive, all I get is "Select files", with no option to add the files as a gallery, and no way to select multiple images from the list of uploaded files to include in a gallery. This is the case both before and after adding images to a post.
    So the users need to add each image to the post in a separate operation, whereas they could add several images to the post in one operation before.
    The only change made to the system is I upgraded to 2.8.4a, no new plugins or other changes have been made. How do I get back the previous functionality?

9. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

It never worked that way with previously uploaded images.

Write a new post, upload more than one picture to it. Now they are considered 'attached" to the post. NOW when you open up the image uploader, there will be an option to insert the gallery tag in the post.

Also, the [gallery] tag goes in the body of the post the user will be writing. They can just type it in - as long as the post has images attached.

10. xrun
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes you're right andrea. Wonder why it didn't work yesterday. ;D
    Thanks though, I know someone's gonna be happy now. :)

11. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

*whew*

If it wasn't still working, I was going to go sign up and try myself. :D

happy users are best. Unhappy users make everyone cranky. ;P

About this Topic