The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Embedding WordPress MU on website? (3 posts)

1. datingchile
    Posted 14 years ago #

With Wordpress MU could we:

1)Embed (just as a new main menu for example) the software on our social networking site and have the users' already registered accounts tied to the software?
    In other words, could it be tied to our existing database?

2)Could each user then start blogging having only logged in to their accounts on our present website?

3) Anyone know of any social networks who are using wordpress MU as their blog "plugin" please?

Thank you.

2. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

Usually it goes the other way around. BuddyPress is a "plugin" for WordPress MU that provides social networking tools.

I don't think you'll get WPMU to use your existing users database without a lot of modification to the core of WPMU. Your best bet might be to look at a service like amember.com that provides a single sign-on solution and then let WPMU have its own database of users.

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

It also depends on what software this "social networking" site you have is running. There are bridges for regular wordpress and a number of other platforms, many of them that either work with wpmu or can be modified. Without knowing what the software is, it's kind of hard to point you in the direction towards solving this.

Yes, it can me done but we can't provide details without knowing the specifics involved.

amember.com may work as well. (That's a new one to me.) Or even a LDAP or OpenID solution may be possible as well.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by datingchile
  • Latest reply from tdjcbe