The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

exit signal Segmentation fault (11) (9 posts)

1. MasseMan
    Posted 14 years ago #

WP-MU Version 2.8.4 running on PHP Version 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.7 ,
    MySQL Version 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4, Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu)

I have big problem with my Wordpress MU

Every hit on the blog generate exit signal segmentation fault (11) in Apache logs. Some times Apache even get frozen and doesn't serv any website while heating 95% of the CPU.

It looks like this: [Thu Oct 22 09:07:01 2009] [notice] child pid 30490 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

I have been checking postings in diffrent forums but nobody seems to have a solution for this.

Any idea?

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

You've got the Suhosin hardened version of php haven't you?

in the /etc/php5/conf.d directory create a file called suhosin.ini and put the following in it:

suhosin.simulation = on

Then bounce Apache.

If you've got Eaccelerator installed try upgrading to the 0.9.6-rc1 version.

3. MasseMan
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks!

It was a great suggestion but it didnt gelp :(
    Same problem again. Any more ideas?

Regards

4. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

This looks like it is a known bug somewhere in PHP or MySQL. Doing a google search turned up a lot.

With those google results, I can say that it isn't a WordPress problem causing it. Might try upgrading PHP and MySQL to the latest versions, if you can. PHP is up to 5.2.11 and MySQL is at 5.1.

5. MasseMan
    Posted 14 years ago #

nope. doesnt work =(

I have uploade the bactrace from the crash to my server. Maybe someone can get some idea of a sollution from that.

http://www.wiberg.nu/crash.txt

6. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sorry I'm not a guru when it comes to backtraces. But its a php issue with something rather than a WPMU bug.

7. tanvir
    Posted 14 years ago #

It's a issue a classic issue of Apache.

8. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

I suspect its actually a bug in php that something in WPMU is triggering. With hardening turned it its a canary error caused by trying to manipulate null arrays, which is what my problem was.

9. tanvir
    Posted 14 years ago #

A core dump may tell us exactly which file is triggering the bug. But as far I know it's can be issue of OS and Apache Installation. So MasseMan if you can give the core dumps report then it can be handy.

About this Topic